Thread: GT500 Clone 5.4 4 valve to 05GT

Potential Tuner

Question GT500 Clone 5.4 4 valve to 05GT

Hi I am new to this forum. Searched for info concerning an 09 5.4 4valve GT500 transplant into my 05 GT but came up empty. I spoke with a friends tuner who suggested that I keep the 3 valve engine harness and pcm. Also make sure the connectors go to the proper sensors on the 5.4. He said he can then retune the 3 valve pcm for the 5.4 by shutting off the variable cam timing etc. He said the rest of the car is programmed thru the bcm and main computer so this would be the easiest way to do this swap without changing the complete wiring harness with all moduals in the car. Does this sound reasonable and what would you knowledgeable folks suggest to do this swap? I have built many projects, the last couple with ford fuel injection, so Im familiar with the electronics. I have not messed with the pcm programs other than loading tunes with a sct or changing fuel injector duty cycle to mod a/f ratios.

I have the engine harness from the 5.4 and can also use that if the connector pins will match the 05 GT pcm pins. Pretty sure they wont, but could mod that to match. What do you think? Thanks

If he is a competent tuner, he should be able to make it work. Personally, I would rather swap the harness and PCM for a GT500 unit, as it does have some extra controls.