Thread: My first 3 valve can you guys look it over for me?

Advanced Tuner

My first 3 valve can you guys look it over for me?

Not sure what level of knock sensor voltage is acceptable or what is considered knock. Also, not sure if there's anything I've missed. What do you think?08 mustang GT modded.hpl08 mustang GT modded.hpt

Also, I was surprised to see I was unable to scan MAP.
    Last edited by GPGTP; 01-25-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Advanced Tuner
    Nobody has an opinion? I rarely ask for any kind of help.

If you zero out the rows richer than 1.0 in the two tables under Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> Spark Correction Lambda Spark, you should get the timing you are calling for in your borderline knock and IMRC base tables. If i understand correctly, these tables pull timing based on commanded lambda.

Also, I was surprised to see I was unable to scan MAP.
    The mustangs don't have a MAP sensor

As far as I know there isn't a reliable way to monitor knock with the scanner. I think it will be added in with 5.0 support. You are welcome to look at my 2007 tune if you are interested. Keep in mind though, that this is my first go around. I don't tune professionally, just an enthusiast.
    Last edited by Exley; 01-26-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I appreciate the response. I went a little conservative on the timing, do you think I should add in a couple more?

Why are you logging 51 PIDs? With Ford scan speed being as low as it is, you want to log as little PIDs as possible.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

I've seen people post tunes with as much as 30 deg at WOT. I didn't want to get that aggressive though since i couldn't see what the knock sensors were doing. Mine is 26-28 deg at WOT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Why are you logging 51 PIDs? With Ford scan speed being as low as it is, you want to log as little PIDs as possible.
    It was more or less just to see what all was available for scanning, this being my first ford with hpt.

Advanced Tuner
    If it wasn't snowing out maybe I could give you a better scan. I'm probably going to settle on 28' since this one is not on the dyno.

Did you notice a big difference in pedal feel changing pedal pos WOT start to 300? I left mine stock but really noticed a difference removing the "tip in torque rate" torque management.

Tuner in Training
    I noticed a huge difference in moving the pedal wot start to 300. Also have my timing @30 and spinning 7200 consistently quite some time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by svtadam27 View Post
    I noticed a huge difference in moving the pedal wot start to 300. Also have my timing @30 and spinning 7200 consistently quite some time.
    Yes I set it to 300 and 29* limited. The owner said he noticed a huge difference, I didn't have enough seat time in it to tell. I hope to get one on the dyno soon so I can do some testing.

GPGTP, You get 27 deg, in tune is 29 commanded for this cell, it's low air load 0.8, so You can have there no problem 31. Looks it has no CAI installed.
    Low MAF readings and load. With good CAI, You can get there airload even over 1 and MAF readings at 250 g/s.
    if You want to go higher, you must (Exley too) zeroout spark lambda MBT table. This is limiting MBT.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl