Thread: wideband

Tuner in Training

wideband

Hi everyone I'm ryan and I'm new to the tuning world. I'm putting together a 5.3 ls twin 70mm turbo using the lt1 swap wiring harness modification. I just got told that I need a wideband o2 to tune my car and the stock o2 are not it so my question is..
    Do I put wideband o2 in my exhaust instead of my stock o2 sensors and just cut the plug and wire it up, or do I buy a wideband kit and keep my stock o2 as well.
    Thanks for all your help
    Ryan

Tuner in Training
    You want to buy a wideband kit and install the wideband sensor bung about 18" from the head. If you have a merge then you want to put the sensor immediately after the merge in the first area of one piece piping. You want the bung welded in so that the sensor sits about 5-10 degrees upward from either 3 or 9 o'clock to prevent moisture from sitting on it.

Make sure you put the wideband after the turbo(s). The drive pressure will skew the reading of the wideband if before the turbocharger.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    Wow thanks for your help I didn't know any of that I really appreciate it I'll post some pics and a video when it comes together in the next few months. Thanks again for all the help