Thread: 4L60 tune question

4L60 tune question

So I have a 2001 Silverado 5.3 with a 4L60E in a 1994 S-10. The tune was started by a local tuner, but was cut short due to breaking an aftermarket driveshaft. So here is the deal, when I full throttle shift into 3rd, it's almost like someone throws it into neutral. If I back off, it will engage, and then I can get back in it, and have no noticeable slippage. I have no problems other than that. I know he bumped up the line pressure, but I don't know where that really is in the tune. I am sure he made some other changes too. Can some one tell me a few things:

1) what do I need to post up to have someone point me in the right direction? Just a tune, or a log, if so, of what?
    2) If I need to post a log, can you please tell me what and where I need to go to log it?

BTW I have a HPT pro, and have almost no idea how to use it so far.

Thanks!!

Wouldnt hurt to post both.

That way "we" can see whats been changed and what you are watching/logging in the scanner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I can make a log on Friday when the temps are hopefully in the 2 digit range. Is there anything specific I need to log? I am sure I can find a how to on how to log, just not sure what all I need to log. I guess trans pressure, but anything else? Any specific way I need to do the log?

I finally got my truck out and tried to do some logging, however, I can not get any of the transmission pids to log. Is there anything special I need to do? It logged everything else I had up, but nothing as far as line pressure of 2-3 shift info. Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    that sounds to me like the typical 4L60E FLAIRING INTO GEAR.....typical 2nd to 3rd flair mate....those 2nd/3rd clutches do wear out and can cause the flair

Kind of what I was thinking, but wanted to see if I could log the pressure and shift delay and things to see if I could help identify, but nothing trans related would log.

A good tuner can tell you if your transmission needs repairs or not
    4L60E trannys are simple enough to troubleshoot using the scanner
    9 sec Montecarlo SS