Thread: Camaro E38 PCM EGR wideband

Tuner in Training

Camaro E38 PCM EGR wideband

Has anyone tried this? I have searched and searched and don't seem to be able to find a solid answer on what pin I would use on the PCM. Maybe 47? Is that an accurate way to log AFR, or should I just go ahead and buy the pro? Wideband in question is an lc-1.

Welcome B-Rad, saw your post on Camaro 5 as well. When moving to the LSx platform I upgraded to the Pro and use the analog output from my Lambda gauge into HPT Pro. Second bung welded into Bank 1 header.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I will probably just go ahead and get pro then, it seems like not many people use it that way. Do you think it would be a problem to just remove both post cat o2 sensors and put the Wideband in place of one of those? I'm running castles anyway so they will have to be turned off.

Should work, just a tiny bit more delay at idle. You'll be better off with the pro in the long run.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner
    Anything that has a 0-5v reference that is supported by the HP Scanner can be used. Ac and EGR have always seemed to be the choice when you don't have the pro to hook up. The pro is faster. So, not only will you loose going to the second 02, your going to loose using a sensor signal as well... kinda double whammy in your case if you go that route. If your going to use the basic and patch a sensor for signal, I'd spend the few bucks and get a bung where you need it, closer to the manifold
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    I think I am just going to go ahead and get the pro. Seeing as I am a beginner and will probably need to post logs and get help, it will probably be beneficial to be able to log AFR properly.