Thread: Turbo'd 4.3 v6 - Need a tuner.

Potential Tuner

Turbo'd 4.3 v6 - Need a tuner.

I have my own HP Tuners Pro, laptop, etc. Already registered to my truck, changed to a 3bar setup.

94 S10 - Converted OBDII & MPFI w/ 0411 PCM
    Auto - Built 4L60E w/ 2500RPM Stall
    66mm-T4 / AIS Meth Kit / Air-Air Cooler / 80# Injectors / SD no MAF

Just got it back from a tuner, whom I don't think could handle the job. It's acting COMPLETELY different on the street vs the Dyno.

If you can help me with the tune & live near St Louis, please let me know or If you know someone who CAN tune it, please let me know.
    Last edited by HopnDude; 01-18-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Here is a copy of the current tune, I just pulled it from my truck. Not sure why, but it keeps asking me to register this file with my adapter when it already should be. Same vin, same 3 bar I changed it to, just don't understand why it's asking me for more credits (if someone could explain that part to me, please & thanks).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HopnDude View Post
    Here is a copy of the current tune, I just pulled it from my truck. Not sure why, but it keeps asking me to register this file with my adapter when it already should be. Same vin, same 3 bar I changed it to, just don't understand why it's asking me for more credits (if someone could explain that part to me, please & thanks).
    Try re-syncing your interface with the software. That should clear up the licensing issue.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    No, I think it's because at some point he stopped using my laptop/cable and used his computer/cable. Due to this, I believe is why my setup is seeing it as unregistered, which is dumb. I already paid to edit my VIN, I already paid to change my PCM to a 3Bar SD setup. Why, if someone else touched it with their cable and I'm now trying to do it with my cable, is it asking for me to re register something I already registered.

Bill, can you answer this?!

For now, I saved that tune to a folder and write protected it, noticed quite a bit of sh*t that was changed that should not have. Needless to say I copied all the tables and fields to an older file I used with my cable that's not asking me to re register. I'll go out and do a complete write in the morning to end that nonsense. Ask for me to pay for something again, smh! On the other hand, that was a lot of tables/fields to sift through. Good thing for multiple monitors!

Currently trying to get someone from S10Forum to check out the file and see what they say.

Senior Tuner
    1, You could have just done a Compare and "Copy all differeces' and would have taken just a few seconds.
    2, Unless the tuner change the OS it should not be asking to relicence.
    It may just need a resync.

Potential Tuner
    I'm guessing because he used his cable on my truck, is why it cost me another 2 credits to reuse my cable. That is complete bullsh*t! Even through I still have the same vin, etc. it cost me another two credits. A resync did nothing.

On the plus side, I don't want to jinx myself but I found someone who can tune it. Looked up information on the guy, and apparently he's WAY more known that the last schmuck with an extremely better reputation!

Still pissed I got burned from the last guy, not to be a dick but I'll probably post my experience with him so no one else goes through the same nightmare.

Potential Tuner
    Well, I had someone I've talked to chime in and help me out. He gave me some direction, finally a solid citizen. He helped me to the extent as to not blow my sh*t up until it makes it to the next tuner. I've also learned a little about the ve pe be tables to lean it out means it's running so damn rich.

Not to mention, my check engine lights no longer on!

Potential Tuner
    I would also be interested in a good tuner in the northeast. I'm surrounded by "speed shops" and vette shops that just want 500 to plug and play a tune they have already written.