Thread: Ctsv ls6 lean cruise

Ctsv ls6 lean cruise

I was previously under the impression that lean cruise didnt work in any pcm except the gto. However ran across someone on ls1tech saying it workd in the ctsv as well. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Ive got a v as a dd and its already licensed on my cable so i could remove skip shift and optmize the tune a bit. Wondering if it would be worth my time to go play with the lean cruise tables or if the guy was mistaken and id be wasting my time on tables that the os ignored due to nop.

Thanks!

Don't think you can enable it in HPT.... Tables are there but the main enable switch is not.

I know looking at my stock 05 file with other software had it disabled.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

It is in all of the calibrations 1999+ Gen III style PCM's. You will gain very little by enabling it. You can get more out of a good tune than you will with LC. LC will work on a sloppy OE calibration, because it is a very generic calibration. I pick up in the range of 3 to 10+ mpg commonly with my tunes. Just spending time tuning for around town and at cruise. I like to use the 1 meg P59 PCM’s to gain MPG also. The CTS-V uses that PCM
    I am working with a customer with a 2000 GMT-400 5.7L Vortec. My target is 18 mpg he is currently at 8 to 9 mpg. Can you imagine doing a PCM swap and doubling the MPG?

"Calibrated for Domination"
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor@pcmcalibrators View Post
    I am working with a customer with a 2000 GMT-400 5.7L Vortec. My target is 18 mpg he is currently at 8 to 9 mpg. Can you imagine doing a PCM swap and doubling the MPG?
    If your customer is getting 8-9 MPG with that rig he should have it fixed first!

If you can do a PCM swap and double mileage? Maybe your wasting your time on forums and need to go to work for GM?