Thread: Shift times for 6l80e in 2011 Sierra? How fast can i go?

Potential Tuner

Shift times for 6l80e in 2011 Sierra? How fast can i go?

Just looking for advice on how fast i can make my shift times but still be in the "safe zone" so to speak.

Also how much should i bump up my pressures when i do this? Right now im running about 25% faster shifts over stock with my shift pressures table left as completely stock.

timing and pressures go hand in hand, start with 5% lower times with 5% higher pressure in all areas as a base. see how it feels but run it for a day with alot of stop and go so you feel it after the adapts settle or you'll wind up going too far and start chasing your tail. .0100 timing makes a noticeable difference so don't get too far out of hand. Trucks can't take timing as short as cars. Trucks seem to take more timing to get the same feel. Usually around .0500 more. Never got anything to feel right below the .3's. And even in the .3's it's plenty firm! Hope that helps some...
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Forged 6.2L Flex Fuel Tuned
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Yes, it runs on E85 too and LOVES it! ;D

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys what table would I modify to get this. I boosted line pressure a little but when do I subtract the timing 9 shift?

you didn't adjust the actual global "Line Pressure" table did you? If so, put that back to stock. You need to adjust the base shift pressure tables for each gear.... SLIGHTLY!!! don't go too far, then you need to shorten shift times for each gear.....again SLIGHTLY! a little goes a long way... you need to drive the vehicle through a lot of stop and go to let the adaptives settle and get the feel for the change you actually set. Don't get too crazy on the changes!
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Tuner in Training
    okay thanks guys

Potential Tuner
    Slowerbullett - Copy (2).hpt I've done these changes and worked awesome the first day, then after the adaptives settled I have a hesitation between shifts now. Any suggestions on what it is? I've played with rpm, mph settings and shift timing and pressures can't get it to shift without the hesitation?

Quote Originally Posted by SoSlo07 View Post
    Slowerbullett - Copy (2).hpt I've done these changes and worked awesome the first day, then after the adaptives settled I have a hesitation between shifts now. Any suggestions on what it is? I've played with rpm, mph settings and shift timing and pressures can't get it to shift without the hesitation?
    First thing to do is make sure your LTFT is 0 to -5% across the range to make sure the tune in on. It sounds like a delivered torque issue. If LTFT's are in check, then you can try raising the torque by 5% in the airmass "A" table. that may get you on the right track. Good luck!
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears