Thread: What are my options to run a 2011 LHU on a dyno?

Tuner in Training

What are my options to run a 2011 LHU on a dyno?

I've got everything done but the software, I went to use HPTuners to disable VAT's as I have done with so many v8's in the past to find out that the 2011 LHU isn't supported . Any suggestions? I emailed Trifecta, waiting on a response.

I really want to be able to command spark timing, cam position, and fueling real time. Looks like that might be possible with the HPTuner's scanner, as that does seem to report data but I don't know if the commanding will work.

Any other options? I emailed EFILive to see if they had any options too. Money isn't a huge problem.
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    LHU is like an LNF where it is all torque modeled. I don't know if you have read up on the lnf at all but its 100% different than calibrating a v8 ecu. Driver Demand Trq, Optimum Trq Modeling, only thing i find close to ve base is the airmass modeling which is maf curve calibration X a base multiplier to make it a 3d internal model. very simple but the rest takes a lot of time.
    Not all LHU vehicles are supported. you will have to check the supported vehicles list that is put out by hpt. For Ecotec motors I've noticed efi live doesn't have half the support that HPT does so i'm going to guess LHU isn't supported by them either. could be wrong though.

As far as VATS you wont get to disable that either. GM programmed the Body Control Module to do all the verification's for VATS and since its not an ECU we haven't seen the feature available since LNF came along.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What year/make/model vehicle?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"