Thread: DOHC 4.6 Ford with LS based electronics

DOHC 4.6 Ford with LS based electronics

I have a 98 fake cobra with a 4.6DOHC, T56 blah blah blah. It came with a SCT tuner, but I hate it. I already have HP tuners, know it well and love it. But my desire is to build a LS based harness and run the engine that way. building the harness is a non issue. but not knowing the crank sensor and the cam sensor styles, would there be a way to make the PCM be able to use those signals. I have almost everything to do this, just need some extra connectors for the ford sensors. the only ones that I would utilize would be the crank and cam, unless there is a 24x bolt on reluctor wheel that i can fit on the crank snout. the cam sensor I think I can make the GM sensor work with a little tweaking. I am looking for brainstorming, ideas, and just a discussion to make this happen.

thanks in advance!

If you wait long enough you may be able to tune it with the Ford electronics using your HP Tuners interface. :-D

Tuner in Training
    ^^^ interested in what your hinting eric

Supporting the older Ford EEC-V processors is something I really want to do. It will happen, but I can't give a timeframe on it. Right now all of my time is spent working on the 2011-2014 Mustang supported added.

Well Eric, I will just hold off on building anything... What will suck though is having to buy the Ford MVPI. But you "gotta pay to play".

Senior Tuner
    Fords still use the same HPT Hardware for tuning.
    Just extra credits required.