Thread: E85 Transient fuel tables

E85 Transient fuel tables

would it be worth switching the alcohol transient impact and evap factors in place of the gas tables when switching to E85?
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    Is the vehicle already e85 compatible from the factory ? Injectors , pump and sensor ? If yes then no don't worry about the pcm will use the table correctly when it detects alcohol in the system.

at that make sure you tune those tables like you did with the gas tables , once you fill up with e85

No, not really it has the flex fuel option in the tune file but this platform (E40 PCM) was never meant to run it. It has the virtual flex fuel option but since it dosent sense anything in a physical manner i dont see how it could use the alchohol tables in the tune, plus the blend tables are zeroed out.

Advanced Tuner
    Youd have to be pretty sure of the alcohol Content in the fuel your going to run if your going to start doing that.

If your going to run e85, your going to need to change your pump to an alcohol compatible one ( also a larger pump ) and bigger injectors as well. You flow more fuel when using e85 thus the extra demand on the system.

Re Bumping this in hopes that we can have a more in depth discussion in the applicabillity of the transient fuel gas/alcohol/blend tables in relation to the E85. I have merged in the blend factor from another flex fuel vehicle, and im curious as to weather or not enabling flex fuel virtually and fudging the default percentage to what im actually using (82-87%) if it will enable the transient tables to do their thing properly? is my theory wrong? in advise as always is appreciated

Bumping this again