Thread: Magnacharger raped ifr table???

Advanced Tuner

Magnacharger raped ifr table???

Im running a tvs1900 at 8.5psi on a 2011 sierra 5.3. Right now i have the injectors that came with the maggie installed. But i have some ls9 injectors sitting here. Ive already spent a good deal on the MAF table to get my fueling right. But someone pointed out to me that maggie generally fudges the ifr table to achieve afr. Im told the stock maggie injectors are 42#, and the tune seems right for that. Should i go ahead and drop in the ls9 injectors with data from a zr1 tune? Or will i be back at square one on my tune? Also, on a side note, ive noticed my ls9 injectors do not have the filter screens in the top. Is that normal? Or should i get some replacement injector filters?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ZR1 injectors are rated differently due to the FPCM (variable fuel pressure) ignition offset is different as delta pressure is scaled differently as well.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    The trucks also come with the variable fuel pressure return less system as well.

Ignition offset is only based on voltage and the delta .. no matter the vehicle 14 volts is 14 volts and pressure defines the delta .. I may not understand this fully..

You can take the Zr1 data and drop it into your tune without issue .. it's a common upgrade.

Advanced Tuner
    I knew about the zr1 data and how i could drop them in. Ig im more concerned with whether or not the maggie ifr table is accurate?

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't seen it , I looked for frigging months to find a stock Maggie tune when I bought my Maggie nobody would cough one up.

I ended up using the Zr1 tables and it ran great .

Advanced Tuner
    Guess i'll just toss em in, change the data and see if my fuel trims move.

Advanced Tuner
    Good show

Senior Tuner
    Magnacharger pretty much always rapes their tunes, and is famous for the IFR raping, and it's generally because they supply junk injectors with their kits. But I've even seen them NOT use the proper data on vehicles that they include the LS9/LSA injectors with their kits. WTF? Is it that hard to actually spend a few minutes gathering proper data for your customers? How the hell do they even get emissions certification is beyond me.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I'd read last year that they included the pink injectors for the flex trucks... yea the flex injectors are bigger .

I love Maggie but you'd think for the very very heavy price tag they'd do a bit more leg work.

Advanced Tuner
    Well, i installed the zr1 injectors today and used data from a 2011 zr1 tune. My maf was dialed in with a wideband beforehand and after installing these injectors, i was 15% lean everywhere.

Does anyone have the injector data for the pink injectors? I believe they are Bosch 42 LBers. I bought my supercharger used and I didn't get the tune from Magnacharger and they have yet to answer my question about it. Thanks in advance.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Senior Tuner
    I guess it might be too late...but you should know that if the injector data was incorrect before, and you change injectors and blindly drop in good injector data, the tune will be off as it's going to be compensating for bad data.

If the injector data was spot on, and your new data is as well, you'll probably be "ok", but you might still need to make minor adjustments to fueling to be right where it was before.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat