Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 06 LSJ idle hunt

Tuner in Training
    You have full Bwoody mounts? ZZP's are much less restrictive, the diameter of the rubber inserts is smaller, and it even says on their site that they use "rubber" not polyurethane. The Bwoody mounts, are less than 3/4's the size of the inserts and are polyurethane.

Damn! I would have never thought of that!! Good idea lmao
    2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
    Opel's, upgraded fuel lobe, 3 bar map, balance shaft delete
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Idk if I should remove the mounts now.. I don't want to go through the hassle of removing the mounts and then find out that that was not the problem and then have to install them all over again.
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    John Powell Solid Mounts, they aren't listed on his site.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    How much did those run you? What do they look like?
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I did what overboost said, and I found that fuse 39 links with fuse 47. If one is unplugged, that one has power on both prongs. If both are removed, only power on one of the prongs on each, like normal. Also, a very high pitch that I was never able to find out what was, goes away when both fuses are unplugged. They give power to interior things, like OBDII, radio, onstar, power outlets etc. Im intrigued if I removed both, how my car would idle. But I have no way of logging it, because OBD is down, and my wideband doesn't work because the power outlets are down. Thoughts? I went to alldata and these fuses are linked giving power to all the things I have said, but, that doesn't make sense as to why that is?? Isnt the point of a fuse to stop giving power when something draws too much? Why would GM put a backup fuse, if they did at all, it could just be shorted out like you said.
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Im going to go back on gas when I have an empty tank. Nothing is working and my car is going to be so fucked up. I see 10-12* of knock at idle and it dies to 200 rpm, or sometimes stalls. This is pissing me off. Makes me wish I didn't buy the car. Anything I seem to do does not work.
    [email protected]

Try using the fuel injector settings, timing tables, and supercharger settings. The high octane table has to much timing in it so take 5 degrees out of the whole table. After you fix that table copy and paste it in to the low octane table. Also make sure your dynamic settings are the same so you can fix the maf then work on the ve table. After that post a log of your car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroMechanic View Post
    I did what overboost said, and I found that fuse 39 links with fuse 47. If one is unplugged, that one has power on both prongs. If both are removed, only power on one of the prongs on each, like normal. Also, a very high pitch that I was never able to find out what was, goes away when both fuses are unplugged. They give power to interior things, like OBDII, radio, onstar, power outlets etc. Im intrigued if I removed both, how my car would idle. But I have no way of logging it, because OBD is down, and my wideband doesn't work because the power outlets are down. Thoughts? I went to alldata and these fuses are linked giving power to all the things I have said, but, that doesn't make sense as to why that is?? Isnt the point of a fuse to stop giving power when something draws too much? Why would GM put a backup fuse, if they did at all, it could just be shorted out like you said.
    Are you running Aeroforce gauges? If so, for some reason, if you use a fuse from the cabin to power the on/off for them you get interference (ie a light whine). I moved the power for mine to an under hood power source and the whine is gone. I do not understand why but it seems to cause interference with the radio.