Thread: VE changes NO effect on STFTs.

Potential Tuner

VE changes NO effect on STFTs.

Hi all. I'm just street tuning a mild LS1 car, stock heads and cam.

Using this tuning mode, I'm getting the numbers in the log. I'm tuning my VE table by STFTs. I am not worried about MAF, I'm staying SD.

My problem is I'm getting these awful trims no matter WHAT numbers I put in my VE table. The more I "Multiply by %" my VE table by my log, the worse I thought it got. ThenI put in my stock VE table, and got almost the same exact trims still. What am I doing wrong??
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know NOTHING about tuning, but I did notice the injector duty is only 1% and at most I seen was 4%. I can't see how it can really get much leaner even though it is trying to pull fuel. Is the injector data correct? Is there a vacuum leak anywhere? Curious to see what real tuners say on here.

Senior Tuner
    Im just guessing, but are you aware you have a secondary ve table that the car runs off of when maf code is set? Its half the resolution of the normal ve table, not very good for tuning. Are you adjusting the primary ve? If so this is why. Your best bet is to apply a custom o/s if you want to run sd.

Senior Tuner
    Be sure, if you're basing your "feedback" on the NBO2s,
    that these are behaving reliably. Gross positive trims
    (what were your LTFTs looking like before you shut
    them down?) may be less a fueling / air mass problem
    than a sensor integrity or environment problem.

The last thing you want to do is tune based on "false
    trimming".

Injector duty at the low end isn't interesting. Injector
    pulse width relative to some of the minimum limit fields,
    is.

Advanced Tuner
    [
    Make sure when you make changes to the ve table you make the same changes to the secondary ve table. When you fail the maf you car uses the secondary table.