Thread: Help with 2010 GT500

Tuner in Training

Help with 2010 GT500

Tuning a customer's GT500. Primary mods are 2.4L VMP supercharger and 65mm TB. Tuned it for the first time this Summer, ran great and cranked out 600 RWHP. Car came back because it failed DEQ - rear O2s turned off. Turned rear O2 back on, car passed DEQ fine - but now exhibits strange behavior on the dyno at WOT. Sometimes it makes a clean, smooth pull at around the same 600 number. Other times, it kind of surges, creates a rather bumpy looking power curve, and is down 10-15% in power. The only difference I can see between the two logs is that the low power log is very low in timing all the way up. But the resolution of the Ford logging is pretty low, it might be missing something in the curves ...

I don't know what to try next - I'm pretty experienced on GM tuning, but this is only my second Ford. Attached are logs from a clean pull, and one problematic pull, as well as the current tune. And yes, I do know the MAF still needs work - the first time around, I didn't realize you could change the MAF axes.

Thanks much for any help you Ford experts can give me ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you post the stock tune, so I can compare and see what has been changed?

Tuner in Training
    Here is the stock tune file, as loaded by the local dealership:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could be the shock of timing on that full boost.. Your right the resolution on HPTuners is limited but it does get the job done... Try decreasing your transitional timing from part throttle to WOT.

That should hopefully get you set.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram