Thread: First test drive ended up with a check engine light. What next?

First test drive ended up with a check engine light. What next?

Went on my very first test drive with my fresh engine and ran across a check engine light with no real drivability issues. Pulled a code P0200. No other codes. So I drove it home and parked it. I noticed the IAT was in the red zone, but the temperature doesn't seem to high and the LTFT & STFT went dead. I've read information on this code, but it seems pretty broad as to what the issue could be. Does the IAT seem to be out of line? Why did my fuel trims dye. Will fixing the code repair the fuel trims? Also noticed my VSS is way off, it's a Dakota Digital 8K unit.

Thanks in advance.

Post right and left O2 repacement.hpt
    First test drive.hpl
    VCMSuiteInfo.txt
    2012 ZL1 automatic, CAI intake,

P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction

on a cold engine , start the car for a 1 Min . Then remove the intake manifold (with the injector rail attached to it) and check for a dry port on the intake and the cylinder head.

That's an option, but it doesn't feel like there is a misfire and the ECM is not reporting one. Anything in the tune that can cause this? I've measured the powers and grounds, checked the injector, coil and spark plug wire connections. It seems that most people find issues with shorts to ground, pin fit, bad connections, but I haven't found that at this time. I hate to purchase an ECM only to find a different issue.

if you found a dry port that means you have a dead injector , then find out why the injector is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    if you found a dry port that means you have a dead injector , then find out why the injector is dead.
    I'll have to try that this weekend.

Thanks