Thread: Throttle cracker and follower help ASAP please

Throttle cracker and follower help ASAP please

Hey guys I'm working on getting my eps 230/234 car tuned and I have it pretty good. My idle is steady and warm and cold starts and for the most part it finds idle nicely at at cruise speed.

The only issue is that every once in a while cold or not rolling around in parking lots or backing out of a space the idle will dip to about 300 when I push in the clutch quickly coming to a stop. Does that sound like the cracker or follower as I'm still a little confused on how they work. The timing tables and all seem to be good just a little unsure on how to mess with the tf and tc tables

Thanks for all the help. I don't have my laptop with me at the moment but if needed I can post up that part of the tune just looking for some guidance

Here are couple scans of what I have going on. IN the first file scan I forgot to set all the scan parameters so I'm not sure if that will be useful hre to anyone buts its there anyway. In the other file I only had the condition happen once during the drive which is between frames 12 and 42. although this one has a lot more parameters being scanned. again thoughts are appreciated.

scann 1.hpl

one real stalling condition morning 1514.hpl

sounds like not enough air at idle; could be base running idle airflow or less likely but possibly throttle follower air.
    Setting idle table timing too low with a cam will also do this. Post your tune so forum participants can examine your
    current settings to see if any of them look amiss.

Idle Config File

you might want to log using this file.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLinder View Post
    you might want to log using this file.
    hey thanks! i'll post up the tune tonight and see what we can do. overall it drives pretty well with exception of the slight surge. the condition of stalling seems pretty random but always happens pushing the clutch in slowing down at low speeds. I have a couple log files displaying the surging and stalling so ill upload those as well

Advanced Tuner
    sounds like or could be throttle cracker air flow....but make sure your RAF is spot on and log from there...maybe add some air in the 400rpm cracker table to try and catch the dip , cause if it aint got enough air it will just stumble or stall...