Thread: M6 Neutral coast down

Tuner in Training

M6 Neutral coast down

Just curious on people's thoughts on manual coast down in neutral. I can not figure out how you can expect the car to idle in coast down with no iac correction or spark correction. Also I have notice on my car and my friends car throttle cracker will not enable in coast down either. I have to use rolling idle to add air to coast down to get it not to stall. Then of course with no IAC or spark correction it may surge a bit. I see genIV cars have idle coast down correction but not genIII. What do you think?

Tuner in Training
    there is no adaptive idle at all. It simply sets the timing at the setting in drive idle spark table and sets the iac to command how ever much air your base running airflow is set at and what ever adders you have. The issue mainly I notice is if you set the base airflow to what the car wants so you have no STIT or LTIT it wont coast down and the added load of turning the wheel in a parking lot will cause it to stall so i either have to turn off the LTIT's and set the base air flow a bit high so in coast down it will idle up and then at a stop adaptive idle kicks in and it brings it down to my desired RPM. That or a combination of that and using rolling idle to add 1.5g/s in coast down is the only way I can get the car to coast down but it will hang and surge at 1200-1500.