Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 bar scaling help

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by usc45cal View Post
    205 if i remember right,,,,,,,,let me correct myself , if I delete the sae map and apply the 2 bar to the scanner

thanks again you being more helpful than i could imagine,im here doing some benchtops so im right infornt of of my email

Thanks
    jim
    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was out helping the boys then had to road trip to collect parts for the job we were doing, map "should" read around 100Kpa, ish depending on altitude key on engine off, if it's not there's something amiss.

Advanced Tuner
    no problem napa was out of that part so my girl is going to junkzone to get This product is a fit for your:
    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt 2.0L SFI SC 4cyl
    Part Number: SU1078

be ready in an hour

thanks to all you have been more than kind

If your going to autozone the part #su1477 is what you need. Most parts store will have to order this and it will take two to three days. Price on the sensor run around a $100.00 bucks. If thay give you a lower price then that i would say its not the right one.
    Last edited by c.u; 01-05-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Playing with the size. You will have to left click on the pic three times to get it to full size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by c.u; 01-05-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    ok guys I ordered the one from napa , i know the guy who owns the warehouse , it will be here tomorrow when i get home from the slave shop, hopefully c.u you dont mind doing the histgram still since im having software issues and I will push the program in set my primary map to 2 bar and cross my fingers , I still wont be able to read ve pe in rtt waitingg to hear from tech

Thanks cu and yui and IJ you guys are great
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-05-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Tuner
    I'm a bit of a n00b at all this Jim but I did get my 2bar conversion to work so it's not rocket surgery

Happy to help if and when I can as the guys online have done so much to help me out it's nice to pass it on!

Advanced Tuner
    dude I would like to try it tomorrow again , just need the right map scaling for my injectors and all of that good stuff , Im glad im finally getting some help
    always appreciated and if you or cu can scale me out I will give it a shot after work and report back

thanks
    Jim

lol where the hell is the bush ?

oh and if anyone ever needs parts or anything else , i have three garages full of parts and wiring and RACECARS and would be glad to help if I can
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Tuner
    dude I would like to try it tomorrow again , just need the right map scaling for my injectors and all of that good stuff , Im glad im finally getting some help
    always appreciated and if you or cu can scale me out I will give it a shot after work and report back

thanks
    Jim
    I'll hand this to CU he's a LOT more knowledgeable than I am

Just keep in mind if it's not showing around 100kpa komo it's never going to run properly!

Advanced Tuner
    i got the sensor cu suggested so I dont think we will have problems

Tuner
    i got the sensor cu suggested so I dont think we will have problems
    Good stuff <fingers crossed>

I'm another old fart that's been playing with cars for 37+ years...

This has all been a learning experience, when I started you needed 1 wire and a fuel supply to make an engine run

Advanced Tuner
    ha ha me too 24 years professional im 43 and started at 13 on harleys ,and moved right up to race cars,,, and like you I know cars but this side id very trying sometimes and im glad i found some people to help me

thanks
    again
    jim

guess we will see what cu comes up with for me !!! thanks dude
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-05-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Tuner
    I got a bit spolit when I started on EFI as I had a MoTeC setup so could just tell it "I want this to be X/Y" set up the table then fill the cells, whole new ballgame getting used to the GM Syntax and how EFI Live and HP Tuners interpret it, so many little tricks to it all but getting there slowly!

Advanced Tuner
    same here kinda , im doing alot of benchtops , thats why this two bar is so important , it could make me or break me ,,, I should probably offer cu some dough for his work as we all get paid !!!!!!!! stay in touch I think we have alot in common and could help each other bro

Jim

Tuner
    Will do Jim, I'd be lost without the help I've gotten from the guys online, AWESOME people they know who they are!

Advanced Tuner
    there are alot of people that dont want to help here its a shame efilive is more supportive in their forum

This is the basic changes needed to run in speed density. Open your 2bar file, Go to engine Diag-air flow. Set Maf fail high to 0. Set the map sensor off set to 8.33. Max out 1514 table. Then go to DTC,s set PO101,102,103 to 0-mil on first error and uncheck the ses boxs. Then go to engine-airflow dynamic,Set the high rpm disable to 12,900. If you don't have cats go to fuel-cot set to disable. After you make the changes do a write entier. Put the new sensor in. It should start and run fine if you have tuned the ve. I left pics of the changes made to them so you can look at. No need for any money for this. Just to let you know i will be off the site for some time. I'll try look in and help when i can good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I wasnt worried much about speed density as i was getting the ve table correct , and is what I thought I was getting help with .but i will give that a shottoo
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-06-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    napa part number 2-20324 in the box was a gm branded map #12615136 in my hand , i wish I could nail down the histo , I can do the 105 but im lost with the 210

Tuner
    Did you do the komo check yet Jim?

Advanced Tuner
    not yet bro