Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 bar scaling help

Advanced Tuner

2 bar scaling help

I Have been reading for months and watching dvds , im a mechanic of 24 years , did a 2 bar enhancement , followed the directions to the tee and cant scale the new maf even in real time tuning , did the copy and paste , did a log run which comes up short on info any help would be appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    now after countless hours of logging , i keep getting a firmware update that wont take , and has me unplugging everything and now I have lost all of my rtt histograms and some other weird things ,, Lost on the map scale and what to do about the program

Advanced Tuner
    wow almost 40 views and no reply , what is this forum for ?

Post the tune and log. What are you working on and the mods that have been done. Post a snap shot of the firmware update.

Advanced Tuner
    here is my tune , the map side looks awful and it wont run this way , the scan is coming , when I did have it running it was really fat like 11.6 ,This is a supercharged v6 with the 2 bar map enhancement, and as i said I followed the directions , Is there a different equations for the v6?

Oh and the errors were e3, invalid key,and a few others ,the firmware update randomly pops up and when I try and apply it says try another computer ,and it trashed alot of the program, the two computers I use are stripped down windows 7 with no internet
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-03-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    here is a new one I have started , If anyone cares to check it out and let me know if Im close or way off , or just not getting it,,,,all opinions welcome

Thanks for looking
    Jim
    PS This is my truck not a customers2barmaptest.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    wow again over 100 views and not one reply ,,,,,,,,,, very sad and not very user friendly at all , even with cable issues ,cant even use it now ,so i guess another 100 views and no answers ? no pun intended , no remorse , just dismay .I feel like im in a secret society

jim

Tuner
    Does it run if you put the stock file back in Jim?

Advanced Tuner
    yes it does ,with the file I made according to the instructions its way fat and runs at 10.1 and comes off a high idle and dies and the cylinders fill up with fuel and hydroloc

thanks for the reply
    Jim

Tuner
    Have you changed Injectors or just the 2Bar?

Also what MAP Sensor have you used?

Can you post a link to the instructions you're following?

Advanced Tuner
    the injectors have always been 36lb , no problem with the original file at all , as far as the map its a gm part # switched over to napa (2 Bar),,using help section for two bar enhancement , thats where I got the formula from and I know Its way too rich and im not quite sur how to fix this nagging problem , and the worst part is i had it closer and driving it very rich but wih the cable and software and hardware issues i lost the file

i have attached my original tune and a scan 10psi s/c 36lb injectors no egr ,with the two bar tune in it doesnt even want to spin over now , but the cylinders are dry ,at this point I have to believe its the ve for the map napa part # 3-19181
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-04-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Hard to tell. I'm messing with my scanner and cannot seem to pull up your wideband sensor. Which one are you using? I looked at your Injector Flow Rate vs. KPA VAC and it reads 36@0kPa, and 36@80kPa. Both of your files say the same thing.

I would say backup your current tune, and all histogram settings to your desktop. Completely remove HPTuners both VCM Scanner and VCM Editor, reboot, and reinstall. Just load your settings from the desktop and have at it again. I'll keep looking though and try to help.

Advanced Tuner
    aem and it may have come unplugged this was at 2 am im stumped and I really appreciate your help , or anyones to get this 2 bar right , when i lost all of my info which i will start another thread on it ran rich but it ran and the 2 bar made a huge difference but it was running 11.1 or so at 70mph and just to say it all i did was follow the 2 bar install and thats where the tune went to crap

much appreciated , really need the 2 bar 2 work and im not ashamed to say i need help
    so thank you

Jim
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-04-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: found one more very short log

Tuner
    What does your Map sensor read key on engine off Jim?

Advanced Tuner
    205 if i remember right,,,,,,,,let me correct myself , if I delete the sae map and apply the 2 bar to the scanner

thanks again you being more helpful than i could imagine,im here doing some benchtops so im right infornt of of my email

Thanks
    jim
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-04-2014 at 04:05 PM.

When you write the stock tune in and it ran did you put the stock map sensor back in or did you leve the two bar sensor in?
    Last edited by c.u; 01-04-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    two bar in

Go back to napa tell them you need part#CRB 220324. This is barometric pressure sensor for 2005-2007 cobolt 2.0l sc it is a 2bar sensor or what you need. Right now you have a onebar sensor that is why it will run with the stock file. Or PM DSteck and see if he has any of his 2.5 plug and play sensor on hand. when you have the right sensor i will post up pics of what you need to change in the 2bar file for it to work as intended. At this point load the stock file and with komo look at your KPA in the table display. Then when you have the new sensor and load the 2bar file with komo it should read about the same

Advanced Tuner
    actually it-is is listed as a 2 ba senor , but i will go tomoroow amd pic up the cobalt sensor , i need all the help i can get thanks c.u will post back up when he sensor is in an call on you for help

thanks again
    Jim

napa does not have it in stock the only place i could find it was junkzone part #SU1078 2006 cobalt 2.0 s/c

BEERS -MANY _TYPOS
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-04-2014 at 11:16 PM.

You can test the sensor you have. Load the stock tune in it,Put the stock sensor back in do the komo and see what KPA it is reading. Then pull the stock sensor out put in the 2bar sensor rescan. If the 2bar sensor reads the same as the stocker then its not a 2bar sensor. I need to no if the log in post #11 is what you are seeing when your scanning it or are you seeing like in post#13. If it is post #11 you will have to repoll the scanner. Let me no and i can show you how to do that. Time for sleeps.