Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 bar scaling help

Advanced Tuner
    working on my 210 kpa map file ,,what a pita , scaled the injectors back so i wasnt rich before boost and when i get the map scale don , if i get it done I will take c.u's advise and try sd he put alot of work into showing me , but after i get the map right

jim

Advanced Tuner
    working on my 210 kpa map file ,,what a pita , scaled the injectors back so i wasnt rich before boost and when i get the map scale don , if i get it done I will take c.u's advise and try sd he put alot of work into showing me , but after i get the map right

jim

Advanced Tuner
    new log file , with injectors scaled back , new cobalt sensor not in yet , my map scale is still in need of work,I massaged the first row now im working on the second row
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-09-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    here is my map file if anyone cares to look at it . comments welcome good or bad 10psi s/c 36lb injectors is it good enough to start ????

Jim

Advanced Tuner
    NO LUCK ON THE VE MAP HISTOGRAM SHOWING UP FOR RTT wtf how am i supposed to tune the map ve ,sorry for the caps ,,,,,,,beers and it runs like crap

Advanced Tuner
    NO LUCK ON THE VE MAP HISTOGRAM SHOWING UP FOR RTT wtf how am i supposed to tune the map ve ,sorry for the caps ,,,,,,,beers and it runs like crap and i still cant get firmware updates WTF
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-11-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    well i got it kinda , it runs but my fuel system is going nuts ! I changed the pe ++ and a few other tables in the air flow according to map but im not sure its right if anyone cares to look

Thanks
    jim
    ps 2 bar no sd

Advanced Tuner
    i just checked my kpa offset and it 10.33 should it be -10.33 ?? trying to get this nailed before i leave work limping home

thanks jim

Advanced Tuner
    talking to myself ??????????????????

Advanced Tuner
    verified one bar reading 105kpa at 4.7v key on , 2 bar 2.31v 102 kpa key on ,,,what went so wrong ?

offset 200 10.88
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-15-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    well i tried and the problem i am having is i do a copy and paste in the ve an fill the bottom and it fattens up the upper end and the truck wont run like that , I have asked several times and now it died off , posted some logs and data and feel that i had some help in the beginning , dont understand ? I see more simple threads get way more attention , anyway thanks to those who tried to help
    see ya
    jim

Advanced Tuner
    I would like to add over 860 views and no reply that is very sad at the least , I thought the forum was for users , i will go out there and say the pro tuners ignore this kinda stuff and I dont know why help is help im a tech of 24 years trying to learn the other side ,,,,tuning,,im on the dvd's why no help ,,,,i feel im being ignored because im not a pro tuner !!!! id thats the case that is not cool , im 42 not a kid !!!also from reading aloy it seems like the other big tuner forum is way more friendly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTTOM LINE IS I ASKED FOR HELP AND GOT NONE
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-18-2014 at 09:51 PM.

i'd venture a guess the reason for so many views and no replys might have something to do with the fact that you clearly appear to have bitten off way more than you can chew. if you're having issues with your cable-email support. not much any of us here can do to help you with a cable issue (if that's even what you have). bill and the hpt crew are about the best there is, and I've dealt with pretty much every domestic tuning software team there is. that said, the search button is your friend, and the answers to all of your issues are behind it.

you did receive help, and it appears as tho you now have the right map sensor for a 2bar setup, thanks to those that gave you their time and efforts. you are now leaps and bounds ahead of where you started. your KOEO map 1 bar was 105, and your KOEO 2 bar is now 102. that's pretty damn close.

this board is frequented by some of the best tuners in the world, and most of them are happy to help those who put forth the effort to try and help themselves. anger towards us "pro tuners" is not going to help your cause. i'm confused as to what your real issues are. are you trying to set this thing up maf/VE blended, or straight 2bar VE? are you having issues scaling your injectors, or calibrating your VE table? (those two are not the same thing). did I miss the part where you've included the part number on your injectors so correct data can be entered properly? (btw, if you are intending to make 10 pounds on a 4.3, a 36 pound injector will never support that power level). i'm not sure if you are running a boost referenced return fuel system or returnless? this is critical info when entering the proper data for injectors. (search). you don't have the maf failed (set maf fail to "0", p0103 to "0", fail first-basics of a SD tune. search) but it sounds like you are trying to tune VE? you can't tune VE with maf enabled, and you can't tune maf with VE enabled (your dynamic airflow is set to 12000. clearly not tuning maf?). FYI, a stock boosted engine with properly scaled injectors should run almost perfectly out of boost on a stock maf curve and a stock (out of boost) VE table.

again, most of the issues you are struggling with are covered hundreds of times on this forum. if you've been putting forth a solid effort (for 4 weeks!!!) to help yourself, and can be somewhat more clear as to what you are struggling with, i'm sure you will get all the help you need to get your hotrod running perfectly.....

Advanced Tuner
    Let me first say thank you for the insightful reply , my comments are never made out of anger more frustration , I am a master mechanic and a novice at tuning .I am doing them now (basic) with no problems . The mistake I made was like a kid with a helicopter , I jumped in thinking it was easy and crashed .The tune was not at all mine and again not knowing I was trying to add something I knew little about .So halfway through my post I realized I need to go back to the basics and get the bad tune right and then move on.Which I have been doing , scaling my injectors , logging and making small changes and over and over .Learning the whole time !When I bout the HP TUNER I also Bought Gregs dvds and have read the help section at least a dozen times , read alot of posts and have helped in more than a few .I also contribute to the repository .I love the tool and will become good in time I realize it takes time .Oh and I do use the search button all of the time , So Lets chalk it up to inexperience and I hope to be tuning and on the board for a long time and will tackle the two bar when its time

Thanks
    jim

no worries, I'm sure even the best of us get frustrated from time to time-god knows I do. just remember, it took you 25 years to gain the automotive knowledge that now comes easy to you. this is no different-today you are a child in the world of tuning. you've got to start in kindergarten, so bust out your crayons and learn how to color in the lines. and remember, those that kno-have paid their dues. it's no one's responsibility to help us thru our issues, so make it as easy as possible for those that would help to do so. post as much info as you can, clearly and accurately whenever possible.

so are you not trying to tune SD? what issues are you still having?

Advanced Tuner
    Hey thanks man, im doing what I think is right and getting the tune i was given corrected ,(baby steps) then work another 1 bar sd tune , and when I think im ready I will try my hand again at the two bar ,,, My issues now are working on fueling , my blower doesnt come in until 1500 so i am dumping way too much fuel at idle -30 stft WOW, he whole program is a mess ,but im logging everyday back and forth to work and making small changes , the tuner that did it has it too fat at low rpm and so lean at the bottom it has epic kr, but im picking at it a few cells at a time running in ltft disabled ,,,
    Thanks tommy ,,,,,,,,CRAYONS ARE OUT THE 150 pack
    thanks for the support bro
    Last edited by usc45cal; 01-23-2014 at 05:21 PM.

sounds like you got a handle on things. that wynjammer is actually a badass little blower, if you can keep a belt on it. should be fun in an s10. when you get ready to do your 2 bar setup, shoot me a pm. I've done a few boosted 4.3's. lots of potential in that motor....

Advanced Tuner
    thanks tommy , I had nother question maybe for a new topic ? real time tuning , when I pull up my ve table its larger than the original and if I do it 15 minutes later it fattens up even more ? kinda makes it hard to make adjustments when my ve tables arent matching
    Thanks
    Jim

if you're making VE adjustments without disabling maf-results are not gunna be good. you'll want to set maf fail p0103 to fail first (0) and maf max freq to zero. also wanta make sure you're logging with a 2 bar config....

Advanced Tuner
    cool bro