Thread: Stoichiometric Air/Fuel Ratio of Sunoco GT100

Stoichiometric Air/Fuel Ratio of Sunoco GT100

So if Stoichiometric Air/Fuel Ratio of 93 is 14.68 and best power comes at 12.6 where does Sunoco gt 100 like to be for power? I see it is Stoichiometric at 14.1. Does that mean I need to subtract a 1/2 point everywhere?
    link for tech info
    http://www.racegas.com/fuel/17
    The station near me has it and the first thing I do when I get HP tuners is tune for 100. Im wondering what I should target for AFR. If im at 11.4(unsure till I get WB) should I try for 11ish?
    Eforce LS2 @ 9psi with 1.7/8" headders
    Thanks
    Chris

Advanced Tuner
    There is no "best power" afr exactly. Every engine combination is different. Don't attempt anything until you get a wideband on it if you're tuning for a different fuel.

I'm not sure I'd even "tune" the vehicle for running 100 octane over 93 octane.

Its just going to help reduce ping/knock.

Reducing the target afr/lambda isnt really going to do anything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Its just going to help reduce ping/knock.
    That's the idea. Im hoping for 3-4 more deg timing and ~30 more hp? Not sure
    Does anyone have any experience with this fuel? What can I expect as far as changes in timing from the increase in octane?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^ with 93oct I am sure you will reach your ignitions MBT, so adding 100oct will not add power
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    ^ with 93oct I am sure you will reach your ignitions MBT, so adding 100oct will not add power
    Um say what? With a boosted LS2?

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but why then do people tune for race gas?
    My E-force sees very high IAC temps and wont take much timing before knocking. I was hoping 100 would help

^ I apologize I thought it was an NA car, for super race gas and timing will bump you up in power!

Do people typically tune richer with race gas or should I stick with the typical (roots blower) .77-.78?
    I realize every engine takes something different but I'm just asking for a ballpark area for now.

you can either play with fuel or timing, I would stick with timing in your situation.

Update--- she's taken 5* more so far with ease. Im at 16* WOT with 100 octane I ran a PB of 11.54 today @ 130.9 and no sign of KR at all....just wheel hop....

Senior Tuner
    Ummm...the stoic AFR for today's 93 octane is a bit lower than it was 7 years ago because of the ever increasing ethanol content that the EPA keeps sneaking in on pump gas.

Race gas is a totally different beast and each formulation will have it's own characteristics. Therefore, tune for each fuel you run. Solving commanded vs actual AFR will help find the right answer, the specific gas contributes to that difference.

Tuner in Training

Timing

[QUOTE=SultanHassanMasTuning;340421]you can either play with fuel or timing, I would stick with timing in your situation.

Agreed, It's been my experience that with 100 octane fuel, most of your gains are in timing. the higher octane is a bit more stable and detonation is less..