Thread: Any new idle issue threads?

Any new idle issue threads?

I've been reading for a month straight, but most of the information I've read is from 2006 & 2007. I have a fresh build that won't idle. I have to keep the throttle at 8% or higher to keep the engine running. Does the old information still apply? Is there one in particular that works best? Is there anything up to date? I have an O2 issue that may be part or all of my issue (I have one on order). But I still believe when I get this sorted out that I'll still be needing up to date information. Even some of the sticky's lead nowhere. I've hopefully provided the information that is needed for assistance. Any advice?

Cold start log file.hpl
    Start up File.hpt
    VCMSuiteInfo.txt
    2012 ZL1 automatic, CAI intake,

Tuner in Training
    Idle airflow is way too high. Looks like 4 got added to the whole table by mistake?? If you're making adjustments based off of an airflow .cfg make sure the units are the same. g/sec -g/sec, lb/min - lb/min etc.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "cam only"
    228/232 110 cam, 10° overlap @.050" lift
    Edelbrock stepped headers, ORY, hooker catback

Quote Originally Posted by david_viny View Post
    Idle airflow is way too high. Looks like 4 got added to the whole table by mistake?? If you're making adjustments based off of an airflow .cfg make sure the units are the same. g/sec -g/sec, lb/min - lb/min etc.
    I'm still new to this, I tried some suggestions that may not have been the best. I'll try to take a look at this and see if it helps. For some reason my laptop won't read a .cfg file, so I'll have to figure this out also.

Thanks

Would this be the "Base running Airflow, Idle airflow"? What is a good starting point?

You need to fix your Bank 1 O2 sensor, your fuel trims are through the roof on bank 1.

Russ Kemp

That will be the first repair. Thanks for the reply.

Would you like me to provide you more reasonable air values, VEs and MAF? Please realize that by
    going with a ported MAF it could be a lot more difficult to dial it in than just buying one professional
    built and standardized by name brand manufacturer. It is much easier if you have a MAF with a
    known tune for a specific build than to start from scratch.

That would be a big help. Had I known this going in, I would have taken another route. I replaced the both O2's, so they seem to be switching normal? but the engine still won't idle, so I'm back to reading to see if I can decipher which thread would be correct for me.