Thread: lb7 tunes

Tuner in Training

lb7 tunes

Can someone share some lb7 tunes for my 2003 duramax? I have it straight piped all the way back with an aftermarket intake and a bullydog gt programmer. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated!!

Tuner in Training
    bump! i wanna know if you can rip bully dog tunes off the programmer with hp and modify the tunes.. is that possible?

Tuner in Training
    Dude, I'm in the exact same boat

Tuner in Training
    So basically just tuning everything in the engine ourselfs with the calculator? and how smokey is it? both 50/50 and 40/60? im in it for the power more than econ.

Thanks for the reply!

Fuel and boost usually determines whether or not smoke is produced. And remember, smoke doesn't necessarily mean power is produced. It just means the AFR is really rich. Adding fuel and getting the timing dialed in is what makes power

Tuner in Training
    can you adjust boost control on an lb7? and yeah I know smoke isn't very good i guess you could say

yes it is not hard. just lower or increase your desired boost values in the desired boost tables (however, you cannot exceed the maximum boost the turbo can produce without a bigger waste gate)

lower desired boost for slow response, less power, increased EGTS, and smoke production. the smoke will clear up once turbo spools up, regardless of how low you set the desired boost table (the nature of a waste gated turbo)

increase boost will yield quicker throttle response, less smoke production, lower EGTs (within reason), and more power.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun