Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2014 Mustang Support Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by cesar View Post
    any info on support for 11+ fords? or the ecoboost engines, or the 6.2? have a lot of customers waiting for that.
    Mustangs have the priority to get done, but the vehicles that share the same PCM can also be supported, so non Ecoboost trucks will be supported.

Some have asked to see some of the transmission controls. I am still adding stuff, and there is a LOT that I have left to add, but here is a screenshot to get you guys by.

For those with 2.25 Beta, here is a stock 2011 Mustang GT Auto file that you can open up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For those of us with the beta, should we be able to do a read entire and save it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    For those of us with the beta, should we be able to do a read entire and save it yet?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Yes.
    When I got the beta the other day, it would come up right on the info log, but it would not do a read entire on my 2011 f150 5.0, so I was just curious.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I assume you emailed support the new infolog from the beta so we could try to determine the issue? If not please do so.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I assume you emailed support the new infolog from the beta so we could try to determine the issue? If not please do so.
    Yes I did...check and make sure you got it please the email address would have been [email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Can was crashing shortly into the read according to the debug log you sent, waiting for some additional customer feedback to try and determine if its an isolated case or something else. Thus far, from what I can tell, nobody else has tried reading one of the truck files other than you. As soon as we get some additional feedback we can try and look into it further. We've already gotten about 8 2011+ mustang reads so they seem to be working flawlessly though(they use the same pcm as the trucks).

Can was crashing shortly into the read according to the debug log you sent, waiting for some additional customer feedback to try and determine if its an isolated case or something else. Thus far, from what I can tell, nobody else has tried reading one of the truck files other than you. As soon as we get some additional feedback we can try and look into it further. We've already gotten about 8 2011+ mustang reads so they seem to be working flawlessly though(they use the same pcm as the trucks).
    Keep me updated please. Thanks for the support!

Bill,

Were you able to open the read that I sent? I'm getting a Validate Checksum Error when I try to open it. Is it on my end or was it just not yet compatible with your software? The car does have a different tune on it. If needed I can flash it back to stock and try it again.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
    Bill,

Were you able to open the read that I sent? I'm getting a Validate Checksum Error when I try to open it. Is it on my end or was it just not yet compatible with your software? The car does have a different tune on it. If needed I can flash it back to stock and try it again.
    If thats the 2010 Mustang file yes I got it, they use a pcm thats already supported but the pcm has the checksums disabled, I think I have a stock file for it I could give you if needed. Its not a software issue on our end.

The initial infolog read it as a 2010. After 2.25 was posted up I read it again and it showed up correctly as a 2011.

As far as Checksum Error goes, I figured that was the reason it wasn't working. If I flash it back to stock with the SCT I should be able read and open it with HP Tuners then, right?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No idea then, I've been getting 30 emails a day for these so I'm not sure which one is yours and which one isn't. The last ford email I got was about a 2010 Mustang not a 2011.

2.24 shows the newer Mustangs as a 2010. 2.25 will show the correct vehicle when you connect.

Checksum Errors occur for a few reasons. If you have a car that has been tuned, it is possible that the checksum in the tune file is incorrect (Diablo is known for this), as they just disable the checksum tests. 2.24 will not allow you to use these files. 2.25 has a new way of handling it, so the older Roush tunes, and other aftermarket tunes that have the checksum test disabled will be allowed to open, and will correct the checksum.

If you read a 2011+ Mustang that I do not have defined yet, you will also get a checksum error, since I have not entered any information for the OS ID you are opening. That is the reason we are requesting reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    If you read a 2011+ Mustang that I do not have defined yet, you will also get a checksum error, since I have not entered any information for the OS ID you are opening. That is the reason we are requesting reads.
    I read it with the initial beta that was posted on my customer page two nights ago and I was getting the checksum error. I downloaded the newer version this morning, I'll try to read it again when I get home from work to see if the newer version will open it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    no newer version will open it, eric has not begun the definition work yet other than the master.

The truck has a tune on it via a sct device...Would that cause it to fail to read?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just an FYI to any one that has a beta version and is posting questions here about the beta version or why something isn't reading or why something isn't opening please read the memo

If you break the rules we will revoke your status as a beta tester, I can't be any more clear than this.

I've had quite a few people ask me if there was a transport delay table for the O2 sensor, and if we would have it in the software.... The answer is YES!