Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2014 Mustang Support Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    You will need an HPT interface to do the read, once we enable it. The software will have full access to everything that is required to tune the cars properly. There are thousands of parameters within the PCM, some of which would never need to be changed. So I intend to only add in what is needed. If someone needs access to something not in the software, I will add it. Clutch Protection will be there.
    I love what I'm hearing
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Tuner in Training
    Great News! Looking forward to it. I use SCT a lot, but prefer HP Tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by onspeed View Post
    I think Ford has 1 Lambda = 14.1 AFR for 100% gasoline. I'm not sure how the PIDs and etc will work out for the scanner, but will it reflect this out of the box or will we need to do some tinkering? An option to read AFR or Lamda would be awesome as well.

Also, the coyote is prone to cylinder 8 issues, will there be a way to run one cylinder richer than others?

Anybody know what a good skew % would be to help cool EGT's? I'm assuming 5% would be plenty.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    Anybody know what a good skew % would be to help cool EGT's? I'm assuming 5% would be plenty.
    I think the best method would be pulling a few degrees of ignition timing in that cylinder. In closed loop (pretty much all the time in this application) if you richen one cylinder, the others will run leaner due to the O2 trimming that bank.

Advanced Tuner
    True you raise a good point, I forgot you could adjust spark per cylinder. It's tough to put a number on how much timing to pull maybe 2-3 degrees then. Also, if you skew cyl #8 3% then the others would only be off 1% a piece which is less the .2 a/f ratio...maybe a combination of the two would work. I'll have to get one on the dyno and see how it translates into real world numbers. Makes me want 8 O2's and 8 egt's lol

Advanced Tuner
    This raises a question. While scanning my buddy's 13 5.0, I noticed stft correction at wot. Is this correction based on commanded a/f ratio vs actual calculated by the factory wideband? I wasn't scanning commanded lamda at the time, not sure if I could either, it was a while back. Im sure you already know, the only time you would see this from an LS is if the pcm hasn't entered PE.

This raises a question. While scanning my buddy's 13 5.0, I noticed stft correction at wot. Is this correction based on commanded a/f ratio vs actual calculated by the factory wideband? I wasn't scanning commanded lamda at the time, not sure if I could either, it was a while back. Im sure you already know, the only time you would see this from an LS is if the pcm hasn't entered PE.
    The 2011+ Mustang has wideband 02 sensors from the factory. The LT/ST fuel correction at WOT is just like at part throttle... IE, the percent correction the PCM is making to hit the desired lambda value.

Advanced Tuner
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming. Talk about easy to dial in the fuel curve.

Btw, when the time comes, if you need a few files I know 4 people with 5.0's.

Thanks, that will be helpful.

Once I get a little closer to releasing, I will start posting HOWTO information on tuning these vehicles as it is a bit different than before. That way you guys aren't in the dark when the software is released.

Tuner in Training
    We should be able to read other cars with tunes from the current 5.0 tuners to figure out what they're doing to prevent cylinder 8 issues, right?

Advanced Tuner
    Depends on; if they have it locked or not

We should be able to read other cars with tunes from the current 5.0 tuners to figure out what they're doing to prevent cylinder 8 issues, right?
    Yes. My personal opinion is the Cyl 8 issues were caused by bad / over aggressive tuning.

Depends on; if they have it locked or not
    To my knowledge there is no Ford tuning software that does PCM locking like there is in the GM world. It could be done, but no one is currently doing it that I am aware of.

Advanced Tuner
    I never use others tuning, mostly because 9 out of 10 tunes are hack and the other are application specific. I never once have seen a proper MAF cal from a mail order. If the tune was good in the first place the car would not be in front of me for a tune.

Same here.

I'm so excited for this! Thank you for all your hard work!

I will be ready to upload my stock read whenver I am able to.

Thanks again!
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Advanced Tuner
    I might have to buy a Mustang...
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Tuner in Training
    Good to know. I use HP on my 1000+rwhp vette and have a SCT tuner for my 2012 mustang but would love to tune it myself. I wonder if HPtuners will read the tune in it now which was a SCT tune and let me modify that because the tuner put tons of time into it to get it shifting perfect and I would hate to start with a stock tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    Good to know. I use HP on my 1000+rwhp vette and have a SCT tuner for my 2012 mustang but would love to tune it myself. I wonder if HPtuners will read the tune in it now which was a SCT tune and let me modify that because the tuner put tons of time into it to get it shifting perfect and I would hate to start with a stock tune.
    It will allow you to read out the modified tune already in your PCM.

Tuner in Training
    There is a timer that reverts back to Stoich after so many seconds at WOT from the factory. The fix in the SCT software was to raise that timer. Aggressive timing curves and de-sensitizing knock sensors also played a role in the #8 issue too. These cars are very nice to tune once you know how they work. Im hoping HP Tuners will have access to more tables than SCT did. Part of the problem is you can't see a lot of the tables we may need. A lot of Roush tunes have items changed that we could not see.

Quote Originally Posted by AJPM View Post
    There is a timer that reverts back to Stoich after so many seconds at WOT from the factory. The fix in the SCT software was to raise that timer. Aggressive timing curves and de-sensitizing knock sensors also played a role in the #8 issue too. These cars are very nice to tune once you know how they work. Im hoping HP Tuners will have access to more tables than SCT did. Part of the problem is you can't see a lot of the tables we may need. A lot of Roush tunes have items changed that we could not see.
    We will have everything needed to tune them properly.