Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2014 Mustang Support Coming!

2011-2014 Mustang Support Coming!

A lot of you have been asking if/when we would have support for the new Mustang.

This is the official thread on the topic. It is being worked on, and I hope to enable reading very early into the new year.

Stay tuned for updates.

Love it.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you!

Can't wait!

Just picked up a '14 auto after selling my '11 manual.

Awesome! Thanks, Eric

Potential Tuner
    Greatest car-related news I've heard in a while

Will this support all models, incl. the GT500?

Quote Originally Posted by executiV View Post

Yes.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Yeah, drink lots of coffee. The 2011+ tuning is quite complex.

Very interested in learning them!!

I do love that they have built in widebands as well!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Very interested in learning them!!

I do love that they have built in widebands as well!
    Yes, in some ways tuning them is easier than the earlier models, especially WOT fueling, as it is in closed loop. The 4D tables are the biggest thing to get your head around.

Tuner in Training
    I think Ford has 1 Lambda = 14.1 AFR for 100% gasoline. I'm not sure how the PIDs and etc will work out for the scanner, but will it reflect this out of the box or will we need to do some tinkering? An option to read AFR or Lamda would be awesome as well.

Also, the coyote is prone to cylinder 8 issues, will there be a way to run one cylinder richer than others?

Quote Originally Posted by onspeed View Post
    I think Ford has 1 Lambda = 14.1 AFR for 100% gasoline. I'm not sure how the PIDs and etc will work out for the scanner, but will it reflect this out of the box or will we need to do some tinkering? An option to read AFR or Lamda would be awesome as well.

Also, the coyote is prone to cylinder 8 issues, will there be a way to run one cylinder richer than others?
    It's in lambda, so you won't need to do anything. Just set the stoich value correctly in the editor, and tune it based on the fuel trims. Whatever you command in the WOT fueling table you will get even if the tune is off a bit because the PCM will make fueling corrections at WOT to hit the target.

There are fuel and spark adjustments per cylinder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by executiV View Post

Agree! Wow, that is outstanding. I absolutely hate SCT but it's pretty much the only choice for my 13 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah, drink lots of coffee. The 2011+ tuning is quite complex.
    Yes, in some ways tuning them is easier than the earlier models, especially WOT fueling, as it is in closed loop. The 4D tables are the biggest thing to get your head around.
    It's in lambda, so you won't need to do anything. Just set the stoich value correctly in the editor, and tune it based on the fuel trims. Whatever you command in the WOT fueling table you will get even if the tune is off a bit because the PCM will make fueling corrections at WOT to hit the target.

There are fuel and spark adjustments per cylinder as well.
    Ya, the copperhead ECU is very complicated and advanced with its 32 timing maps and variable cam timing amongst a host of other things.

Do you guys have any teaser info you can post? How much access will the end user to all the different tables etc?
    Coming from the E38 was a big shock when tuning 2 timing maps versus the copperhead's 32. lol
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

I plan to post how to info when I am closer to release. It will be very complete.

Outstanding. Does the reading of the ecu go hand in hand with the ability to tune it? Or is that just phase 1 - cracking the code?
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    6.87@200mph

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Great News Eric!
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    Outstanding. Does the reading of the ecu go hand in hand with the ability to tune it? Or is that just phase 1 - cracking the code?
    Being able to read it is our first hurdle, and we have already done that. The next step is when the reading is enabled for everyone so you all can send me reads in, so I have a copy of each OS ID, and can do the definitions for each. I have been working on definitions for a couple of weeks now.

Being able to read it is our first hurdle, and we have already done that. The next step is when the reading is enabled for everyone so you all can send me reads in, so I have a copy of each OS ID, and can do the definitions for each. I have been working on definitions for a couple of weeks now.
    I have strategy code BLV3 (2013 Mustang GT, manual trans) if you need it. What hardware do you need to do the read? I sold my HPT hardware when I sold the corvette so it looks like I'll be purchasing a new suite once this is up and running. Currently, 'amateur' tuners do not have full access to the computers and are only given "calibrator" level access which keeps some of the code hidden. Only a handful of tuners are given full access but then you're forced to use their tune. I prefer to have my own tune in my car and not rely on someone else so I'm forced to settle for the basics. Do you know if you'll be able to grant unrestricted access to the community or will we still be throttled? What about stuff like the clutch protection strategy that is hardcoded into the computer and is not removeable via tuning--do you know if you'll be able to turn that off with HPT?
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    6.87@200mph

You will need an HPT interface to do the read, once we enable it. The software will have full access to everything that is required to tune the cars properly. There are thousands of parameters within the PCM, some of which would never need to be changed. So I intend to only add in what is needed. If someone needs access to something not in the software, I will add it. Clutch Protection will be there.