Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Histogram Readings Off----Table Display Correct

Histogram Readings Off----Table Display Correct

Feeling Like an Idiot! I just switched from scanning my 2005 Colorado back to my 2000 GTP. I loaded an old config that I had saved on a disk to scan my GTP---readings on Histogram for LTFT and STFT are starting at 1500 Hz, while my readings for LTFT and STFT on my Table Display for Mass Air Flow are over 3000 Hz. What am I doing wrong? Config and scan are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    Feeling Like an Idiot! I just switched from scanning my 2005 Colorado back to my 2000 GTP. I loaded an old config that I had saved on a disk to scan my GTP---readings on Histogram for LTFT and STFT are starting at 1500 Hz, while my readings for LTFT and STFT on my Table Display for Mass Air Flow are over 3000 Hz. What am I doing wrong? Config and scan are attached.
    I made the mistake today of opening up a few other configs and wondering where my PIDs went. Try physically selecting open config under your current vehicle you saved, maybe its conflicting with the Colorado.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq

Already tried that---same result---LOL

OK----deleted all configs for Colorado and started over. VE--Long Term Fuel Trims and Short Term Fuel Trims work now---but reading as a huge chart with Rows and Columns----Manifold Absolute Pressure (kPa) and Engine Speed (rpm). I need the results in a single straight row so that I can Paste the scan results into Editor-----I used to change the Table to read MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency to get it in a single row---when I do that now it only reads at 1500 mhz.!!!!!!

What do I need to do?
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-22-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Here is a new scan config and a short scan.

When I clicked "load all data" I got it read.

You sure you didnt miss that step?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I think you misunderstood my #3 post---the scanner config works now---but I can't paste the readings into my MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency Editor----nothing is in a straight row---its all in a chart with rows (Manifold Absolute Pressure)and columns (Engine Speed.)

When I change the Histogram config to MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency to read everything in a straight row, all the results show up in the 1500 mhz box---see pic below. The Table display shows a correct reading of 3410 mhz Mass Air Flow.
    I am trying to scan my LTFT's so that I can tune the MAF This is getting frustrating---I know it has to be something simple!

Scan Shot.jpg
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-23-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Just about on the verge of Losing My Mind! I Need HELP!
    Histograms #3 VE--Long Term Fuel Trims and #4 VE--Short Term Fuel Trims work perfectly---BUT I don't want to tune the VE Table----that was done years ago. I need to tune the MAF LTFT and STFT. If I change the Histogram settings by using (click to clear) and inserting MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency to make the MAF readings all in a straight row---it works---but everything is placed in the 1500 Hz box. (See scan shot in post #6)

I am about to turn into the GRINCH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS!

Come on guys---118 views---can't anyone tell me why my scan numbers are all in the 1500 hz box?
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.

I am not sure really. Kinda confused myself why its like that, though I havent dug much into it.

Look at my config and see if anything stands out to you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

With the red asterisk at the bottom right of your histogram number, that means you have a custom filter set up. Your Maf histogram works with my scanner .cfg.

Russ Kemp

Well for some reason it doesn't work for me---when I run the scanner and check the MAF histogram, all the numbers are populating in the 1500 hz box, but in the Table Display it shows over 3000 hz for the Mass Airflow---I don't get it. I tried deleting the VCM Scanner completely, reinstalling it, setting up the scanner config again---same problem. Here is a screen shot of what the scanner reads---very short scan after cranking cold.

Xmas shot.png
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-25-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Here is my newest scanner config.

Disable the STFT & LTFT HZ pids from your table display. They are invalid pids, and the STFT Hz at 0 is causing the Maf histogram Hz to be half of the actual (table display). You must of created custom STFT & LTFT HZ pids, delete them as well. You don't use a fuel trim HZ for tuning.

Russ Kemp

Russ---Thanks for your help. I deleted all the Table Display pids for LTFT and STFT. I loaded the Defaults into the Histogram Display. Saved Config again, and did a short scan of the car. As the car is being scanned, Histograms 1-7 are working. Everything in the Table Display is reading. Stop scan, saved as Christmas Day again. Play scan log back---Air Fuel RAtio Error in Table Display becomes an Unsupported Parameter, and Histogram Display #7 VE-AFR Error becomes unsupported. I am lost at this point. Also, I still need LTFT's to read as MAss Airflow vs. Output Frequency in a straight row so that I can paste the readings into VCM Editor. But one thing at a time.

Here is the new Config and new scan.

You must of deleted your AFR error & Air fuel ratio pids. Starting with the last .cfg that the AFR worked, only delete the STFT & LTFT HZ pids from the table display & their matching user defined pids and nothing else.

Russ Kemp

I give up. I erased the config and started over---same results. If there was a book somewhere that explained exactly what to put in the Table Display and the Histogram Display and how to make a custom PID so that I could scan MAF LTFT (using MAF Airflow vs Output Frequency and paste the results into my VCM Editor) similar to what you suggest in your Tuning Guide---Russ----I WOULD BUY IT!!! AND THE WRITER WOULD GET RICH! IT WOULD HELP ALL THE DUMMIES OUT THERE LIKE ME!!

You don't need a custom pid to scan the LTFT vs Maf Hz. Do do that, you just need to have Maf Hz, STFT and LTFT pids in the table display. I use a STFT+LTFT user defined pid when tuning the part throttle areas. Like I said before, you can't use a STFT & LTFT HZ pids that you must of created as there is no such thing as fuel trim hz.

As for the wideband, can't help as I have the Pro interface,

Russ Kemp

I gave this another shot. All Histograms 1 thru 7---work. I set up an LTFT Histogram at #8. It is working, and the numbers are populating across the scale. But it still starts at 1500 HZ---so the readings are off. In my Histogram I have an LTFT pid under Plot Value ( I know you said not to do that) using Hz units and for the Filter I have [SENS.114]. Under the Row & Col. Axis I have ---Primary Table using MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency---and under Secondary I have MASS Air Flow Freq.

For the Table Display I have LTFT set up configured as follows----Name----LTFT----sensor---Mass Air Flow----units ---Hz---and for Function----[SENS.114]

I am close to getting this right---what should I change?

Use LTFT sensor for the plot value, and use % for the units. And don't enter anything in the filter field. Leave the secondary row & column field blank.

The table display should just have the LTFT & STFT pids only, stop adding user defined pids in the table display.

Russ Kemp

Russ---I set up the Histogram exactly as you said---Use LTFT sensor for the plot value, and use % for the units. And don't enter anything in the filter field. Leave the secondary row & column field blank.

For my 2000 GTP, there are no standard pids for LTFT or STFT for the Table Display, they have to be Configure User Defined---I guess mine is still wrong because my #8 LTFT Histogram still doesn't work correctly.

The older version of HPTuners (Serial Cable) was much simpler---MAF-LTFT and MAF-STFT were already set up in the Histograms.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-27-2013 at 07:38 AM.