Thread: Dealing with SCT tunes

Tuner in Training

Dealing with SCT tunes

Recently my friend bought car where tune by SCT , so what we have to do ( we don’t have the SCT programmer and the original file ) to flash back and we want to adjust the car little bit

Advanced Tuner
    Should be able to do a straight "read entire" save the file in HP format, license the VIN and then make as many changes as you like then reflash with HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I could do that is there any problems ( Because I hear from SCT to hpt flash it cases some problems so flash to original will be better )

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ponix88 View Post
    Yeah I could do that is there any problems ( Because I hear from SCT to hpt flash it cases some problems so flash to original will be better )
    The only real concern with doing that is that if the SCT calibration has some values changed that aren't present in the HPT file mapping. If that changed value is somehow causing you an issue, you would have no way of backing that out. That is why it is nice to start from a clean base. It prevents you chasing ghosts. If your comfortable where your starting from, it should be fine.

There also cases where one company's method of modifying and re-flashing the code can cause some types of file corruption, but this seems to be a bigger issue with the Diesel programmers, from what I've read.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    I read my SCT tune fine with the HP Tuner. If it reads fine then you should be OK to make any changes and download the HP Tune.

I did revert my car back to the stock tune with the SCT tuner but I couldn't download the stock tune because of a checksum error.

So just see how you go.

Be carefull when reading sct tune, as some tables can be currupted
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl