Thread: Recommendations on s256 tune

Recommendations on s256 tune

Will be getting my s256 kit on Thursday, and should have it up and ready to tune Friday. Anybody have some recommendations on the tune I should start with? Im going to start off with a completely stock tune on 93 for now, then maybe jump back to e47 later on.

Zzp told me I could use a manual boost controller (probably the route I will go) or I could adjust the boost using the boost tables. How exactly would I adjust boost with the tables? Would it be similar to tuning with the stock turbo?
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Watch videos in my signature to see the boost adjustments for factory turbos. Electronically controlling the new turbo will be exactly the same

Ok cool, thats what I was wondering. So does the wastegate spring come into play with that? Zzp said they typically have a 10psi spring in the wastegate.

Tuner in Training
    You can purchase our tune along with a boost controller and get a nice tune right off the bat. We are lowering the price on our turbo swap tune the same as we did on our K04 tunes.

Just took it for a drive earlier today. Definitely notice a huge difference I spool time. Haven't gotten a chance to get on it yet, with the roads being crappy still. But I built up 11psi in 2nd and holy crap, already feels faster than the stocker. Cant wait to see what this does on 20-25psi!

Also gotta give props to ZZP, everything fit together perfectly other than the upper charge pipe. I had to wiggle it around to get it from rubbing on a few places.
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq