Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford injector data to GM format conversion spreadsheet

Tuner
    I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I got my injector info here: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...-9593-b302.pdf Copied and pasted everything into its respective position on the spreadsheet. Now it's saying the flow rate at 0kpa is 36.91. 30# injectors should come out to 31.6 though right? I also noticed the 42# spreadsheet shows 52.48# at 0kpa. What am I missing??

The short pulse adder slope and offset vs. vac vs. voltage slope are more shallow than the ones I'm using. Am I not using the spreadsheet correctly?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AdsoYo; 10-24-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Thanks for the sheets

And no offense, but passwords are easy enough to break in Excel, although seeing formulas over a screen width long don't exactly do a lot for me, haha. I'll just assume it works and go with it!
    Break the password with a script and call it your own. IDGAF. It slows down the kiddies that would typically try to pass it off as their own anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AdsoYo View Post
    I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I got my injector info here: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...-9593-b302.pdf Copied and pasted everything into its respective position on the spreadsheet. Now it's saying the flow rate at 0kpa is 36.91. 30# injectors should come out to 31.6 though right? I also noticed the 42# spreadsheet shows 52.48# at 0kpa. What am I missing??

The short pulse adder slope and offset vs. vac vs. voltage slope are more shallow that the ones I'm using. Am I not using the spreadsheet correctly?
    Ford injectors are rated at 3 bar. GM uses 4 bar.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    Ah, so 304kpa = 0 in this case. The short pulse adder and offset slopes still seem quite shallow. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Shallow compared to what?

0kPa is 58psi.

Tuner
    This is what I used to get my short pulse adders and offsets:
    Last edited by AdsoYo; 10-24-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Break the password with a script and call it your own. IDGAF. It slows down the kiddies that would typically try to pass it off as their own anyway.
    I certainly have no intentions of doing anything like that.

Hell, I don't even completely understand the theory behind how a lot of it even works yet, much less how you got Excel to actually calculate what it's calculating. I am learning some new things in Excel trying to figure it out though, so that is a plus.

Very impressive work for sure

Potential Tuner
    First off, thank you Dave for taking the time to put something together like this for the community. I'm trying to work out some driveability issues with my 427 RX-7 and decided to give this calc a whirl. I built the car back in 07' but was deployed to Japan for a number of years before finally getting back to it. There was not a lot of publicly available data on these Ford 47 lb'ers back then, so I'm not really sure what's in the tune. It runs decent enough but it could always be better.

The data I used for the injectors was grabbed from here:
    https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...-9593-g302.pdf
    But when I put the numbers in the spreadsheet, it generates negative numbers starting above 70kpa & 7.5v in the Offset vs VAC vs Voltage table. HPTuners is apparently not cool with it as it only accepts positive numbers.

The other concerns may be a bit beyond the scope of this thread but what the hell...

The min p/w according to that FRPP link is .711 yet an HP Tuners cal file from an 08' GT500 claims .448ms?

Injector Flow rate multiplier vs batt voltage: Should I just leave that a 1.0 across the board?

Short Pulse limit? I've got 3.997 listed but is that injector specific?

Fuel Injection Boundary? 6.5 listed ... ditto the last question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ryan

P.S. My cal file contains my old injector numbers, nothing new has been added as I'm fairly certain I'm going to have to start from scratch again
    Last edited by Ryan23; 11-20-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Not real sure there. Like I said, it's a conversion from one data set to another, and loses some information in the translation. Just use zero and proceed.

Potential Tuner
    Hey DSteck how you'll I convert these Ford Performance 52# injectors
    M-9593-MU52

Quote Originally Posted by Steven346Q View Post
    Hey DSteck how you'll I convert these Ford Performance 52# injectors
    M-9593-MU52
    Input this data into the tool.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner

Bosch 0280158227 35 lb/hr in LS2 6.0L

Please forgive my ignorance here but I am trying to plug in my data for some Ford injectors using your spreadsheet. It is an awesome tool that looks like you spent a lot of time building. We thank you for sharing it. I am trying to plug in my data for some 34 lb/hr Ford injectors in a sand car, 6.0L Ls2. Previous owner installed these injectors and never changed any of the offsets, Flow Rate or min inj PW. Injectors are Bosch 0280158227.I have the high slope and low slope but I dont know how to get the ALOSL and AHISL. We interpolated the offsets using the data we found on efidynotuning.com. I think we did pretty good for guessing at it because the engine ran much better afterwards. I would just like to verify if the offsets are correct and would also like to find out what the min pulse width is. Very Rich at idle. Open Loop VE tune, no MAF, No O2's.

FRPP 34 lb/hr @ 55psi
    LU34A
    Bosch 0280158227 35 lb/hr
    Stock 2011-2013 Mustang 5L
    Low Slope 46.325
    High Slope 40.556
    Breakpoint 0.0000128491

VOLTAGE OFFSET
    voltage ms
    16.00 0.846
    15.00 0.846
    14.00 0.932
    13.00 1.060
    12.00 1.198
    11.00 1.371
    10.00 1.600
    8.00 2.347
    6.00 4.915
    0.00 4.915
    0.00 4.915
    0.00 4.915

Potential Tuner
    does anyone have correct injector data for ford lu47 to gm data? i converted data using the tool but the truck will not run right at all, i believe its because im not doing something correct, if anyone has any gm data on these it would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    Dave, Really nice work on the spread sheet. I know this is an old post but hoping I can get some clarification. The tables are for use at 58#'s of fuel pressure correct? It appears I can copy and paste the groups into the cells in HP tuner. Can I do this as I am in the process of putting a tune together for my car and I am using the Green top 42# injectors. I was told I shouldn't use these injectors as for the limited data to input into the program but this spreadsheet appears to have me covered.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I know it's old but it got me out of a jam today, I know hard work goes unnoticed sometimes just wanted to say thanks!!
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

Tuner in Training
    I noticed that that when I paste the data from the spreadsheet into HP Tuners it changes again from what I copied. Is that what you meant by

" You will notice that data above and below certain voltages in the offset table may look goofy. When looking at the visual representation of the offset table, the data will actually curl up in the higher voltages. This is because the generated data is not extrapolated according to a typical trend, but rather follows the coefficients generated for the voltages from 6v to 15v"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSS View Post
    I noticed that that when I paste the data from the spreadsheet into HP Tuners it changes again from what I copied. Is that what you meant by

" You will notice that data above and below certain voltages in the offset table may look goofy. When looking at the visual representation of the offset table, the data will actually curl up in the higher voltages. This is because the generated data is not extrapolated according to a typical trend, but rather follows the coefficients generated for the voltages from 6v to 15v"
    Pretty sure what he means is the data usually has a downward slope where the numbers progressively het smaller but with this data it will follow the same trend but at higher voltages instead of getting smaller the numbers get larger.

Also i answered your question on the 24x page
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    I'm hoping to use this spreadsheet for tuning a 95 LT1, which only has Offset vs Voltage, and fuel pressure is at 43.5psi. I read earlier that '0 kPa is 58psi', is there a way to change it to 43.5psi for my case?

The 80kPa Offset column looks like what I've already tried interpolating Ford's numbers WITHOUT slopes, which needs improvement, so I'm going to try 0 kPa offsets for now and see how it performs, and go from there.

Thanks for making this sheet!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by msully725 View Post
    I'm hoping to use this spreadsheet for tuning a 95 LT1, which only has Offset vs Voltage, and fuel pressure is at 43.5psi. I read earlier that '0 kPa is 58psi', is there a way to change it to 43.5psi for my case?

The 80kPa Offset column looks like what I've already tried interpolating Ford's numbers WITHOUT slopes, which needs improvement, so I'm going to try 0 kPa offsets for now and see how it performs, and go from there.

Thanks for making this sheet!
    0 kpa represents whatever value the injector is. If the injector is 42lbs at 58 psi you put 42lbs
    If its 42lb at 43.5 psi you out 42lb.

If the injector is rated 42lbs at 58psi and you run 43.5 psi you put 36lbs
    These are just examples.

The lt1 uses a reference regulator so you will copy your 0 kpa table and use the same value across the entire table for both IFR and offsets
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I've been holding out on this for a while, but figured it's time to just let it out there. I've only mapped a few sets already, but left the green fields editable so that anybody can take any set of Ford data and enter it in to convert it to GM format. I actually had to delete a few sheets of pre-mapped injectors due to file size limits on the forum.

The methodology is fairly simple behind all of it. Beyond knowing how the two formats relate (and the algebra behind the conversion from Ford to GM format), I used linear regression to map the relationship according to the various GM table break points. For flow rate, I actually use power regression because it generates a much better fitting curve (I also generate coefficients for the relationship because Bernoulli's simplified square root formula just doesn't line up right).

I think I hit all the major table formats. If the one you need isn't listed, pound sand, because I'm not editing it. Lol.

Note: You will notice that data above and below certain voltages in the offset table may look goofy. When looking at the visual representation of the offset table, the data will actually curl up in the higher voltages. This is because the generated data is not extrapolated according to a typical trend, but rather follows the coefficients generated for the voltages from 6v to 15v.
    Thank you man input your numbers no more starting problems runs flawless

Tuner in Training nathanhine1977's Avatar
    Wow, I wish I could see where to input the Data so I didn't have to ask a silly question like this...... But
    How on earth would I use this to input STD LSA injectors so I can correctly input data to my E40 ECU?
    LSA injectors part #0280158187

From Bosch web site.
    495cc/min = 338g/min = 44lb/hr @ 3bar
    - Single cone spray
    - Compact body length
    - Regular tip nozzle
    - 12 ohm resistance
    - USCAR connector
    - E85 compatible