Thread: another AEM AFR help thread...

Potential Tuner

Angry another AEM AFR help thread...

car is a 2001 olds alero 3400. lately ive been trying to get the aem afr gauge to read through HPT and can not get the darn thing to work im stumped.... ive gone through pretty much every thread and help page here looking to fix my problem with no luck. so I was forced to make a thread on this.

I forget the model number on the aem afr gauge I have.. but its got 4 wires. red, white, blue, black.

red wire - power.

black wire - ground.

that's what is making it work in the car.

then I have a white and blue wire.... well I ran a ground on the passanger side of car for pin #5 on the tuner and the neg wire seems to be stable to me.... then I hooked a wire up to the white wire from the gauge for power to pin #1 on the tuner. everything wired up go to hpt and add the input... check.... start car and it read a constant 12.78 to 12.79 would only change between .01 afr. while my gauge is reading 14.4-15.5ish in car. so I tried running the power wire from pin #1 to the blue wire. still no change in afr. went into hpt and configured my own afr with correct voltage settings for the aem gauge. still no change. im stumped idk what to do from here. hate to create another thread about this but ive literally looked all I can on here and other forums... and asked a guy helping me tune the car as well and he has ran me through some things that also didn't help.

I also went to thetuningschool.com and looked at there afr gauge hpt hook up. they used an LM1 afr gauge and it had a program where you could reset and configure the afr gauge.. well my aem gauge doesn't have that so I couldn't fully follow his video on how to set it up. please help!
    2001 Oldsmobile Alero 3400, F40 6spd equipped. (2 of 2 in the world!)

Potential Tuner
    No one? I dont see why I would need a scan loaded to the thread for this... I gave a full description.... no one can help me?

Senior Tuner
    Sleepy, post your config file here for the guys to check out. That way they can rule out the set up if its not correct
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    SleepyAEM.cfg

okay 2 cfg files loaded with the aem set to read. hopefully someone can pin point me into the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sleepyalero; 12-10-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Neither of those configs has the wideband added to it Sleepy. EIO input has no defined parameter in either of them. You need to add your wideband type to your EIO input at the bottom of your Table View.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    I checked before I uploaded. both had aem in the eio. hmmmm ill sort it out.

Potential Tuner
    post edited.

Senior Tuner
    My fault Sleepy, broke the oldest rule here. I was opening it with scanner. When I downloaded it then opened it in scanner, it works and is added to EIO. That was the sleepyAEM one
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    Cool. Now I just need help. Lol

I didn't look at your config, but I kinda had a problem of showing incorrect readings in HPT when I first installed.
    I was told that the AEM gauge ground wire and the EIO ground wire needs to be hooked together and grounded. Once I did that I had a good reading in HPT......
    Not sure if you have the same issue as I did.

I just looked at one of the config's and you have EGT as the pid.... not right
    Untitled.jpg