Thread: ATechnical question here.. please help newb here..

Potential Tuner

ATechnical question here.. please help newb here..

Im swapping a 5.3 liter into an rx7. The donor vehicle was a 2002 GMC Tahoe. Flex fuel. Vin code Z. motor came with. Electronic throttle boy and pedal. My question is ... Can i use a wired throttle body with a pcm with a pcm that is programmed for drive by wire.. Is there anywhere to change that or do i have to run a driveby wire.. any help would be apreciated. Sorry for the newb question..
    Last edited by cuba6942; 11-30-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    check this info out might help. I used it quite a bit for building my harness.

http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

The 2002 Flex Fuel truck has a 1 off operating system. This will limit you in the future. If you want the flex fuel to operate I would upgrade to a 2003 or 04 OS and PCM. If you have not plans to runs a blended fuel I would use the 2002 PCM with one of the standard OS's. You will need to rescale the calibration for the larger injectors that the FF engine has, but that's just a few clicks to fix. The 2003 PCM has a lot of advantages to using over the 2002, but requires a few circuit changes to take advantage of. On the other hand if you have you PCM licensed then I would swap OS's for the one of the standard OS's

If you want the 2003 PCM you need to find one that will run the IAC valve

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info.. Say i want to run tge pcm that came with the motor dbw thrittle body. Can i run a dbc throttle body on that pcm?
    Again thanks for ur help.

Quote Originally Posted by cuba6942 View Post
    Thanks for the info.. Say i want to run tge pcm that came with the motor dbw thrittle body. Can i run a dbc throttle body on that pcm?
    Again thanks for ur help.
    The 2002 PCM is the 12200411 and it supports the Drive By Cable, but it does not support any of HP Tuners Custom Operating Systems. You can not do any segment swaps also. You would need someone that can build a segment like GM did.

You can use the standard 5.3L truck OS and swap in your injector setting. This would be the way to go for your project