Thread: Help with LTFT, STFT, Narrowband Histograms

Help with LTFT, STFT, Narrowband Histograms

I am trying to set up Histograms for LTFT, STFT, and Narrowband O2's. I used the old Serial setup tuning my 2000 GTP for years, learned a lot. But now I have a new VCM Suite setup, and I am trying to tune a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado with an I5. I don't know what to put in the Table Display in order to make the Histograms work. Everything is different from my 2000 GTP Histograms---I am really lost. Can someone lead me in the right direction?
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Really starting to get frustrated. If I had known that every time I try to write or scan my 2005 Colorado that I would have to pull the fuse to the stereo system, I would not have wasted my credits. I can change Torque Management, Shift Times, Shift Pressure, etc. but I can't scan to check any results. The only thing that works on my scanner is Main Spark-Timing Advance----nothing else. I have searched for tips on setting up the Histograms, to no avail. Doesn't anyone want to give me a couple tips, or point me to a Colorado tuning guide somewhere?
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

I would help you, but I'm not sure myself. Did you email HPTuners support?

Here are a couple of threads that I found:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ing+histograms

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ram-Repository
    Last edited by HartRod; 12-05-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

So far I have the Histograms for Main Spark (1) Timing Advance and Main Spark (2) Knock Retard working. All I really need now is to tune the MAF since I have installed a large CAI. I have downloaded several Histograms that I found on HPT, but they don't work because I don't know what Parameters to put in the Table Display---anyone want to help??

Potential Tuner
    For the Table display you need anything that your formula's are watching. For instance if your looking @ STFT Bank1 in your histograms you need STFT Bank1 in the table display. If you don't have it in the table it wont be recorded for the histograms (so im told).

I'm by no means an expert but I hope that helps

I got help from FixxxerKH202 on the 355Nation forum. He sent me a scanner config., and everything worked except the MAF-LTFT. I am attaching a screenshot===can someone tell me what Parameters I need to add to my Table Display?
    OOPS! My mistake---it works---the MAF histogram has a Filter for anything greater than 14.6, and at cold idle, it would not register.
    Scannerscreenshot3.jpg
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-08-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you have them installed. already.
    x axis for histogram = maf hz, match axis values to that in the editor table.
    sensor plot data = custom pid (stft+ltft) {usually its pid.6+pid.7}
    can you post a quick log and base tune id like to see if i can get one working for you and screenshot you the correct plot data.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Thanks for the help. I am posting a scan log, my scan config, and my current tune. I tried to create a histogram for LTFT + STFT. It works, but I am not sure if its giving me the correct readings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by coachcrow56; 12-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.

ok give this one a shot. It has your data reconfigured into maf histogram and separate ve histograms.
    i updated the timing and kr histograms (most importantly lowering the color coding value of kr to a maximum of 3*)

Since your specifically driven towards tuning fuel tables i believe your primary table is perfect. Keeping the list as short as possible is best for recording quality as i'm sure you already know.

if for some reason tables 3-8 dont work make sure the plotted pid is your custom pid ltft+stft (pid.6+pid.7)

CSSOB

you did great, you were basically right there just a small nudge.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did this work for you?

Well, you were right, the 3-8 histograms will not work for me, and I am not sure about the Custom Pid for LTFT = STFT. Plotting?
    Everything worked on the config I posted, but I was getting the same readings for LTFT and for LTFT+STFT.

remove the ltft bank 1 sae and stft bank 1 sae and re-post them back to the primary table. then set your histogram up you had before. when i read your scan file it was working so just need to find out why yours isnt working now.

plot data: double click pid selection> go to your user defined ltft+stft and double click that. 5-8 should be working again.

when people post configuration files the custom pid setups do not get transferred with the file data.