Thread: Can't Write to VCM without Stereo power disconnected??

Can't Write to VCM without Stereo power disconnected??

I just got a new VCM Suite this week. I was tuning with the Old School serial setup for about 10 years. First thing I discovered is that I cannot write to the VCM unless I pull the power fuse to the radio under the hood. Its a new Kenwood. What can I do to avoid this? Very annoyed right now.

New vehicle---2005 Colorado with an I5 and auto trans.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nothing you can do, its always been like this with colorado's/Canyon's going back to 2006 when I did my first tune on one.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I've never had that problem on my 05 with my Alpine HU or my stock junk cd player.

I tuned one and had a similar issue with an aftermarket deck- don't recall the brand. His was an 06 or 07, and was 'professionally' installed.

I think it has something to do with the wiring harness/adapter used. FWIW, I also don't have OnStar.
    Hawk

I don't have OnStar either, but its a drag having to pull the Radio fuse in order to write to the VCM. I can scan with power to the stereo, but I can't Write. FUN FUN!
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

annastefy
    Nothing you can do, its generally been like this with colorado's backpedaling to 2006..