Thread: On wot why would you want to remove all time on 3-4 shift???

Advanced Tuner

On wot why would you want to remove all time on 3-4 shift???

I have a transmission tune by an extremely well known transmission builder. The tune that was supplied to me has 3-4 shift time of .1504. All other tables on wot are 0 except for the torque time table. It usually adds to time for the shift. In the lower to mid rpms it does. But on wot in the lower right left hand column it was made to be -.1504. That would add to zero. I cannot post the tune as he was nice enough not to charge me the $400. I am following his directions as that is what this built transmission calls for. I am just trying to understand the common sense of it. Don't the clutches need time to engage and disengage?
    Last edited by CactusG8; 11-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Advanced Tuner
    It will only shift as fast mechanically possible. By zeroing shift times it keeps the adaptives from taking pressure away

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    It will only shift as fast mechanically possible. By zeroing shift times it keeps the adaptives from taking pressure away

So it has to do with the adaptive pressures. It is only on the 3-4 shift which I heard is the weakest part of the transmission.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune