Thread: 2013 Impala LT bin?

Tuner in Training

2013 Impala LT bin?

Hey guys,

I just recently picked up a 2013 Impala LT and pulled the file to look at it. Discussions on other forums state that this car has a 112mph limiter, and the file I pulled from mine shows a 135mph limiter in place. I am wondering where I could look to find another stock file to compare it with to find out which is stock?

This is what I see:

It gives me something to do until I get the email from Bill that the update that holds my keys/OS ID are updated so I can start playing... lol

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks stock, I just checked against another customers file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Betting the BCM or EBCM have the limiter set to that 112mph value, note the limiter source is set to GMLAN aka another module on the CAN bus NOT the ECM. Set it to ECM and I bet it will go all the way to the 135 value that's circled.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    looks stock, I just checked against another customers file.
    Thanks Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Betting the BCM or EBCM have the limiter set to that 112mph value, note the limiter source is set to GMLAN aka another module on the CAN bus NOT the ECM. Set it to ECM and I bet it will go all the way to the 135 value that's circled.
    So if the BCM or EBCM have a lower limit, how would one go about removing the limiter? I see that you suggested changing the GMLAN setting to "ECM" (did not see if this was an option yet) will pull the top speed limits from the screen we see, yes?

Interesting. These files are just so different from the older GTP files that I am more used to seeing... looks like a bit of a new learning experience for me.

Who here has some experience with tuning these cars?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryPH View Post
    Thanks Bill

So if the BCM or EBCM have a lower limit, how would one go about removing the limiter? I see that you suggested changing the GMLAN setting to "ECM" (did not see if this was an option yet) will pull the top speed limits from the screen we see, yes?

Interesting. These files are just so different from the older GTP files that I am more used to seeing... looks like a bit of a new learning experience for me.

Who here has some experience with tuning these cars?
    Reread my last post and read the thread Bill linked to, has the info needed. Set source to ECM and be on your way.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    Yup looked into the bin, and choices are either "GMLAN" or "Calibration". Ok, I hate to say it, but I feel like a total newb again with these cars. That's not a bad thing, but it seems that there is very little knowledge that I can cross over from the boosted 3800 realm... lol

It will all come in time.

Thanks!