Thread: help with 3-bar map in a 2000 truck with whipple kit

Advanced Tuner

help with 3-bar map in a 2000 truck with whipple kit

This truck was dumped on me and it's kind of a mess that i'm trying to sort through. I'm wondering if the MAP sensor linear and offset are correct. They're at 305kpa and 10.33kpa respectively. I'm seeing 30.13 inHg on the Barometer here, or 102kpa, and my MAP is showing 105kpa KOEO. I took the truck out for a quick log and the MAP never recorded over 105kpa at WOT, so something isn't right. The tune that was in the truck when i got it is attached below. I've never actually messed with a custom OS before. The MAP sensor is a 12223861.

I'm curious if the injector data is correct as well. It has Ford green tops in it. The trucks mods are unknown. It supposedly is bored over a little with "good pistons". Supposedly has a mild cam, but it almost sounds stock at idle. It has a Whipple supercharger with green top injectors and headers is all i can say for certain. The truck was flashed with a 3-Bar SD OS. The owner took it on trade and wants it to run better. The tune was supposedly done twice by "some big shop in Kansas City," I was told.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're not logging the right MAP PID. There's one dedicated to the 3 bar OS.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    yep, just saw that in the pid list...thanks. i'm about to go back out with a wideband in and see where it's really at.

Advanced Tuner
    looks like i have bigger issues here...it appears to have a 4L80 in it...the calibration details also show this, indicating a segment swap was done. I'm not getting a MPH reading in the scanner, just showing 0mph and sometimes flickering a random speed and the truck won't shift correctly, if at all....starting to look like a project i dont want to mess with...under Speedo>Gear/Tire calc is says "Error"...not sure what that means.