Thread: Caddy 6L80E - P2715 DTC set AFTER trans build + tcm replacement. WTF

Advanced Tuner

Caddy 6L80E - P2715 DTC set AFTER trans build + tcm replacement. WTF

Any help or information on this would be appreciated.

Just did an 08 Escalade trans with 180K+ on it. Did a complete GM OEM refresh. After initially firing the truck we were immediately getting P0700 and P2715 codes. After doing some testing / checking / research is seemed as though one of the solenoids were bad as well. In this trans all the solenoids & TCM come as unit so it was replaced with a brand new GM OEM part. The TCM was then reprogrammed & paired to the PCM via GM MDI (Tech 2 equivalent) scanner.

I am still getting P2715 (pressure solenoid stuck on) DTC. Can this be fixed with tuning or is there still something physically wrong in the transmission that needs repaired? I seem to remember reading something about the drum in these earlier 6L80's causing this problem.

Thanks for reading...

Advanced Tuner
    For those reading who want to know the answer, I figured it out.

GM issues a TSB on the 07-08 clutch assemblies for the 6L80E's. Something to do with the housing cracking and/or leaking, which can set the P2715 DTC. If you're setting this code before or after a rebuild and the clutch assemblies haven't been replaced, that is more than likely your problem.

Tear down #2 here we come. yay

Thanks for posting the answer. This will probably help someone in your position in the future.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Thanks for posting. I wish more people would follow up with the solution to their problems when they find the answer. Good luck on your 2nd rebuild.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HartRod View Post
    Thanks for posting. I wish more people would follow up with the solution to their problems when they find the answer. Good luck on your 2nd rebuild.
    Agreed. That's why I did it. This forum is great but there's a whole hell of a lot more info that could be here if people would just simply post their findings/solutions to problems.

I will post some pics of the clutch basket that was cracked. What's crazy is I pressure tested all of them. They held pressure perfectly fine on a bench but I found a TINY hairline crack around the base of the clutch basket that apparently opened up once heat expanded it. What a pain in the ass. Installed the new clutch baskets, cleaned everything up and fired it back up. No issues what so ever. Problem solved.