Thread: Fuel trim problem???

Fuel trim problem???

Ok, I've been chasing what I thought was an injector setup/tune problem for a couple of weeks now. I can get the truck to start and idle, but will die when you put it in gear. From the first time I got then engine to start and run, I was getting some misfires on the right side (Bank 2) that were causing the short term and long term bank2 fuel trims to go extremely high. I thought it was just a problem with the injector data I had in the tune for the SD80 injectors I have. From everything I've read online, they are a hard injector to get dialed in. So I just assumed that was what my problem was. After much research, I'm pretty confident that I have that part of the tune setup correctly, but I still have the problem on the right side.

So last night I decided to do some trouble shooting to try and eliminate as many possible causes as I could. First, I swapped the O2 sensors from side to side, but no change. Next, I swapped the fuel injectors from the passenger side to the drivers side, still, no change. Finally, I swapped the the coil packs from side to side, but still, no change. The only other thing I can think of is that the the wiring to the coil packs on that right side is messed up. The engine sounds like a couple of plug wires are crossed on that side. It's probably been doing that since the first time I fired it up, but its been hard to detect because of the open headers. I even tried unplugging the individual coil packs on that side to see if you could isolate the miss, but it almost seems random. All of the headers pipes on that side are getting hot, so I know everyone of them are firing. This is very frustrating and I've got to figure this out first before I go any further with the tune. Sorry for venting.

Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HartRod; 11-18-2013 at 05:41 AM.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692