Thread: WOT Throttle Dip on big transisions

WOT Throttle Dip on big transisions

Please help me figure this one out. Its the last thing I need for my truck to be fully bad ass. I just finished my first 4l60e build and it shifts great and pulls hard. Only thing is, I put a looser converter in. Now when I floor it at highway speed and it drops from 4th to 2nd, it pulls throttle for a split second after the RPMs jump. It's got to be some kind of torque management. I expected to see a huge timing dip but it turned out to be a throttle dip instead. You can see it in the attached log at frame 1576. Has anyone seen this?

I have quite a few tunes now and I've been tuning my truck through many mods since the beginning of time but I haven't seen this. Please help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

Fighting solves everything...
    ...except partial differential equations.

Click here to combine multiple VE Logs into one.

Return the trans input max torque field down to the rear prop shaft torque fields to stock.

Russ Kemp

Done. They were all stock except for trans input max originally. I tried upping them to solve this problem. That was the last tune I tried. i set them all back to stock. I'll give it a run tomorrow and see if it's any better. It's really taking the fun out of highway driving.
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

And you need to raise the P1514/P0068 error table, as your exceeding it at WOT.

Russ Kemp

Ah, great observation. I didn't get a code, that stayed on anyway but that's the kind of thing I expected. I corrected the table at WOT. I appreciate you taking a look, Russ.
    2006 Tahoe

Well, it did the same thing this morning. It also hit the limiter (or something) before shifting into 3rd. It backfires, the check engine light flashes, I let off and everything is fine. It's always done that once in a while if I push it on the shift points. I just need to lower 2-3 a little to fix that. The problem is, when it does that the scanner stops scanning and there is no code set in the PCM when I start scanning again. I'm going to disable ETC limits under cutoff and see if that changes my throttle dip. I'll post a log and tune when I have access to it later.
    2006 Tahoe

Problem solved. I disabled ETC limit under fuel cutoff. Now I'm rolling.
    2006 Tahoe