Our customer brought us a 2006 Chevy 1500 5.3L with a 54-600-11 comp cam Thumpr cam, shorty headers, K&N cold air intake and Flowmaster 40 series exhaust with no cats.

We purchased HPTuner and dynojet WB2 kit to tune the vehicle because of poor power, idle, and rich running.

Comp cams informed us to change timing to 17-18 on the low side and to increase airflow 4-5%.

HPTuners says to compare readings on the gauge from the WB O2 sensor and HPTuner to insure a proper reading for AFRs. Yet the WB2 did not come with a gauge. The equation from Dynojet WB2 does not match the equation in HPTuner, so I am not sure how to judge if the numbers I'm seeing are correct.

Once we got into the software and did research from other tuners, we realized that this was much more complicated than just changing two numbers.

We have done as much research as I can on my own without expert advice. We need to know how to adjust to get the AFRs and timings correctly. VE and MAF tables also. Also any advice from the experts is greatly appreciated.

I am attaching the stock and after tuning files, as well as scans while driving the vehicle.

Thank you for your support

stock1.hpt first scan 06 chevy reese.hpl
dtb more testing reese.hpt dtb tweaks reese.hpl