Thread: Commanded AFR Hi Res - Parameter not supported AND wideband input no worky

Commanded AFR Hi Res - Parameter not supported AND wideband input no worky

I am trying to tune my VE Table in open loop, MAF de-activated, via Greg's (Calibrated Success) approach:

Actual Wideband Lambda/Commanded Lambda = Lambda Error (VE multiplier)

However I simply am using:

Actual Wideband AFR/Commanded AFR = AFR Error (VE Multiplier)

He says to use the "Commanded AFR Hi Res" parameter. When I insert this as a PID, it is there until I start scanning and then it says parameter not supported. Why is this?

Also my PLX wideband works fine with the gauge it came with. As soon as I wire it into the EIO1 of my HPTuners Pro, it does not readout on the gauge and the value reported back in HPTuners stays constant at ~10.6AFR ALL the time. It is not updating or changing. Any ideas? Thank you!!!

Have you tried the lo res commanded AFR?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

No I was not aware that there was one. I will try that tonight. Is that accurate enough?

Also is there any reason to use the ratio of lambdas as opposed to the ratios of AFR? The calculated lambda from the Commanded AFR is still referencing some assumed stoich AFR you specify. Using the AFR ratios, you are just referencing 2 assumed stoich AFR's, which you can specify to be the same. I suppose measuring the lambda off the wideband eliminates some error associated with an additional assumed stoich AFR to calculate the wideband AFR....

There is no low res commanded AFR in the sensor or PID list.....

Advanced Tuner
    Commanded Equivalence ratio.
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Fixed wideband issue. Apparanty the input to the HPTuners can ONLY have the positive side hooked up. When I wire the ground to it, something happens to the PLX module and it wont read anything on the external gauge or in HPTuners.

Anyways, Now I am having problems with leaning out a little after 4000 rpm at WOT regardless of how high I raise the VE table in that area. There is no way I am maxing the injectors out with my mods. I am going to check fuel pressure under WOT next. The pump is the stock s10 pump, so it might be having troubles keeping up with the LS1 with basic mods. Might be that time for a walbro.

Senior Tuner
    Do you have the maf disable? It takes over at 4000. If it is still turned on, you will have to disable and redo all you have done already.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Do you have the maf disable? It takes over at 4000. If it is still turned on, you will have to disable and redo all you have done already.
    That's what I was thinking but he said he has it disabled. It's hard to diagnose problems without a tune and log.
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Ya it is disabled. See my thread here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...Duty-Cycle-PID

I posted up a tune and what I thought was a log...