Thread: P12 PCM 2006 Trailblazer VE table values

Potential Tuner

P12 PCM 2006 Trailblazer VE table values

Looking at an '06 Envoy P12 PCM .hpt... in all five VE tables (one for each variable camshaft position) the values range from numbers like 612 as the lowest up 2,074 as the highest. I'm used to VE tables displaying percentages. Does anyone know the formula/rational used for these new values. I'm trying to use (CYL Vol) X (VE) X (IAT) to validate CYL Air MASS but these VE values are a showstopper.
    I'm Bob. '94 Camaro Z28 A4 , Cam, Stall, Self Tuned. '07 GMC Envoy 4.2L , '95 Chevy G20 Conversion 5.7L

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    they aren't in percentage of total fuel like you already found out. the ve values are in percentage of fuel trim.
    Because of this we veer away from validating cyl mass by simple math and rely on comparing ve and maf airflow in lb/min or g/sec to tell us how we are doing.
    its not as exact but its what we got and its been working. in order to convert you would have to know what the percentage value of 1 trim is so you can convert it into a min and max based off the allowed table values. real pain in the butt.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-12-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman