Thread: New to Hp Tuners-turbo lsj-pointers

Potential Tuner

New to Hp Tuners-turbo lsj-pointers

Hey all,
    I am new to HP Tuners and have toyed a little bit with it on my current tune running a 2.7 on my LSJ. I am looking to turbo swap soon and I was wondering if there is any information or pointers I could receive about tuning a LSJ with a turbo swap. I will be running the bullseye S256 extended tip turbo with 80# injectors and a stock LSJ block. I will have a ZZP base tune to start with but I was wondering what some key areas to watch were and maybe get some specific reading material on a LSJ turbo swap. I searched but did not find any specifics on this subject so any material or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have read the injector 101 for the LSJ and the tuning LSJ basics. Just looking for something to read on a LSJ turbo or maybe a few spreadsheets to look at if someone wouldn't mind. Thanks.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Always verify the fuel injector base calibration before you get to the fun stuff. If you do all the power stuff first once u correct any errors in the injector base you will have to tune your power section all over again. The correct injector settings also make 80s run super smooth. Prolong installation of the bigger throttle body to after you know what to do to make it all run good.