Thread: Fuel pressure how to set commanding changes for higher pressure

Tuner in Training b2319dragracer's Avatar

Fuel pressure how to set commanding changes for higher pressure

How can I set the commanded pressures for my 2012 2LT. i run nitrous and recently added a ZL1 fuel pump. While under WOT my fuel pressure readings go into the high 30 psi range. Was hoping the ZL! would fix this issue but no change was shown. How can I change the commanded pressures for the fuel pump module. I have HP Tuners Pro Suite.

Advanced Tuner
    where do you want it to be > not a tuner a mechanic

jim

Need to keep the fuel pressure as close to 55 -65 while at WOT on nitrous.

Advanced Tuner
    your front pump is the one that commands the pressure , the rear pump is the pusher then the front takes over this may be purely mechanical ,,, or battery related , i would place bets on that front pump or the regulator which ive seen already and its a pita , just do your basics checks first

Jim

Pressure before the mechanical it what goes low, sorry did not post this earlier in the thread. I'm reading off the fuel port by the back on the intake manifold where the schrader valve is.

Advanced Tuner
    this reminds me of the older ford set up , where there is a main tank pump which is a pusher and the pressure comes from the pump on the forward fraimrail which i beleive is how yours works , check for power and ground at the forward pump and omh it out make sure its not the forward pump

regards
    Jim

ps where are you at in MD

I'm in Dundalk, I was looking for a way to increase voltage in my charging system settings to a higher limit. I see them doing this on the V8s to increase fuel pressure.