Thread: Complete Noob in need of some direction

Tuner in Training

Complete Noob in need of some direction

86 C-10 5.3 Swap. I bought the vehicle as it sits, it wont get out of its own way. I pulled a log off under load up hill and it looks like the rpms arent even coming up over 1500. I have no idea where to start but I have a log file if anyone could look at it and give me ANY direction.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    [] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0452 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0650 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0740 - TCC Enable Solenoid Circuit Electrical (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P0785 - 3-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [] P1860 - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)

Tuner
    Looks like it needs wiring help.

Advanced Tuner
    fuel trims are dead b2s1 isnt reading .5v b1s1 is stuck just under .5v best advise it to plug into a good scan tool and watch your data and then make a determination on what needs to be repaired and not , codes to me dont mean anything , i always spend time reading data ,if you know what you are looking at your problems will smack you in the face , check out those upstreams first Just FYI
    good luck
    Jim
    Last edited by usc45cal; 11-09-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Well one of the O2s is not installed at the moment. I found part of the problem, the main pink power wire going to the trans was not hooked up. Once I got that hooked up the trans started shifting properly and things are much better but Im still getting those same codes after I cleared them.

Tuner in Training
    AfterTransHarness.hpl Here is the log after wiring up the trans main power.

Advanced Tuner
    your bank one sensor one is dropping causing fuel trim issues, dont worry about the evap stuff right now as it wont cause these problems

Regards Jim

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by usc45cal View Post
    your bank one sensor one is dropping causing fuel trim issues, dont worry about the evap stuff right now as it wont cause these problems

Regards Jim
    I got the bank one O2 replaced and I believe Im still having fuel trim issues because my pump is simply not large enough for the application.

Tuner in Training
    So I put a gauge on and not what I expected to see. Its got about 55lbs at an idle, and drops to 50 under accel. Not sure where to look at this point.

Tuner in Training
    So I got my walbro 255 pump put in, seems the fuel trims are acceptable now? Anything troubling when an experienced tuner looks at this log?

AfterPumpPull.hpl