Thread: New b and dont know where to start please help

Tuner

New b and dont know where to start please help

Hello and thank you for any help or insight as to where to start. i have a 2010 silverado 4.8 flex that i have installed a garret gt38tp turbo at 7lbs,shorty headers installed and high flow cats, and 44lb injectors at 42psi,50 lbs at 58 psi. the truck runs lean on my ltft is 29.7 which i think maxes out the scale and stft are at 25+ .I do show some kr but only a couple of times in a 45 minute trip to work. other than that the truck runs decent(can always improve). i do feel some hesitation in the pedal occasionally especially at 24mph, i can step on the pedal several time with no response . here is a copy of the tune and log.the log once again thank you for any response.

trip home 3.hplscan my truck 1.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    do you have a wideband? disable LTFT the tune and see how your STFT look like

to disable go to open&closed loop max out ECT tables

now going on to the tune:

your spark is quite high, you have an additional table VCT spark that adds onto your current high and low octane tables.

fuel power enrichment: you need to set that to 1.28

also under power enrichment adjust your PE throttle, 0rpm to 2000 make it 50 and the rest 25

and to achieve your target afr 11.3/11.5 at WOT point in your maf curve starting around 5800hz and up
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 11-09-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    thank you. no wide band yet have looked at a couple and not sure which one to get. I thought the spark was real high but was not sure. I will try the tips and see what happens. thank you for the info and I will report how it went. once again thank you

Tuner
    ok tried a couple of things today truck runs better but still shows lean no kr shows up and throttle is a little more responsive through out the range, except at the same place which is @20 mph i can step on the accelerator several time with mo response from the engine. i have it logged @ 19 min and 55 sec to 56 sec if interested and or can help. it shows in the table that the pedal is moving but the etc is not responding? i also have a check engine light on for system lean bank 1 and 2? the next question i have is i installed a 2 bar map changed the parameters in the engine diag /airflow. but i still only see 105 kpa in the tuning tables? i know this is a lot to hit at once but any help will be mostly appreciated. thank you in advance

THROTTLE CHANGE.hptTEST GOOD LIGHT ON 1.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your still very lean and your O2 are not switching, disable LTFT and fix your STFT looks like you are over 30 % lean.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    ok got it a little better but now it has no power have a look and see what you think. and thank you for all your help.

THROTTLE CHANGEmaf change2.hptno power good ft's.hpl

Tuner
    ok got the power back up a bit and the trims the other way. look good during driving but at idle still needs work. I tried to change some of the maf in that area but no change. getting late here will try more tomorrow after work. Here are the files once again I cant think you enough. and I see I need the wide band really bad. will order one this week.i have been looking at the auto meter 4370 ultra-lite wide band air fuel ratio, as it matches the rest of my gauges. I hope it will be what I need.THROTTLE CHANGEmaf change2 pe,map.hpthp.hpl

Tuner in Training
    cant find a damn thing on here on how to hook up an autometer wide band I guess no one uses them?
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by hiperf454 View Post
    cant find a damn thing on here on how to hook up an autometer wide band I guess no one uses them?
    What's the problem? Starting a thread or googling it would work. Or are you talking about wiring it to the EGR or AC to log using the HPT standard? PM me and maybe I can help
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"