Thread: 2002 Twin Turbo Trans Am - Stalls on cold when put in drive

Tuner in Training

2002 Twin Turbo Trans Am - Stalls on cold when put in drive

Hey everyone, been around the forums for a while and have tuned a number of vehicles of many different types. I'm scratching my head here...and hopefully it's something easy I'm overlooking. Setup is as follows, 408, twin 67's, 232/238 115 cam, 4L80E, GMPP intake, 90mm NW TB, 96 lb Bosch's driven off the stock PCM. The car starts and idles fine, no problem, I put it in reverse to back out of the garage, all is fine, put it in drive to pull forward and go, and it sputters and rpm's drop to about 300 for about 3 seconds, giving it gas does not improve it like it doesn't even respond to increased throttle, then it comes up to normal and is fine. I've logged this event several times with IAC/TPS/MAP/AFR/Commanded AFR/Timing/etc. and have yet to see anything that points to what triggers the event to start. Hence my question.

What parameters should I be logging that would help track this problem down?

Or if anyone has a quick solution that has had this problem happen before, fire away. I've attached my tune for reference but can supply whatever you all need to help out.

Thanks in advance,

Cody B.

Cody's TA.hpt
    Last edited by cbeutelschies; 11-06-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Bump for help.

Advanced Tuner
    Tune and log would be a good start. Preferably logging with idle airflow and timing, rpm , and the other basics like temp and stuff.. that would be the start...

Eric