Thread: LS3 Whipple Supplied Siemens 63lb Deka Injectors - What's the proper Flow Rate?

LS3 Whipple Supplied Siemens 63lb Deka Injectors - What's the proper Flow Rate?

So since day one I've wondered what the "proper" set of data for these injectors are... I've heard two stories:

1) Whipple supplied data is spot on
    2) Whipple supplied data is about 7% off

So when I originally loaded the Whipple tune it started up great, no problems, then I decided to switch to the "correct" injector flow rate info and I've run that ever since. The instant I switched the injector data, my MAF tables had to be reduced by about 7% across the board which I though was a clear sign the injector data was wrong...

Things are fine since, except a very small dip in rpm after startup occasionally.. It seems to start fine, then rev to say 1400rpm, then often comes down to about 500rpm then back up to 1200rpm and smooths out... it seemed to start later on in my tuning session after changing to the "correct" injector flow data... now Im playing with startup airflow and it's helping alot... startup is just about normal but doesnt seem as smooth as say a completely stock LS3.

So then I started wondering... I see the whipple kits state they flow 63lb/hr at 43.5psi. If I build a curve and equation for both flow rates and plug in 43.5psi... I get these flow rates just so see what set of data is closest to the advertised flow rate:

------------PSI----Flow
    Whipple----43.5----64.58
    "Correct"---43.5----60.23

Neither matches the Whipple advertised flow rate, however the Whipple supplied settings seem to be closer.

Here is a shot of the two side by side:

63lb Injectors.PNG

What would you run?
    Last edited by 10_SS; 11-06-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    I'm tuning a car with the same injectors and I'm having trouble finding the correct data. Would you mind sharing your tune file?

I could not figure out how to attach a file in the PM area for the life of me.. dear lord.

This is my latest and greatest. 100% stock whipple injector data seems to run the best overall. I've realized you can try to change the flow rate, but then you have to change every other table fuel related to try to match, and in the end the more "correct" I made the alternate injector data's tune, the more it ran like the stock whipple tune! Plus, with the whipple data, I barely had to touch my MAF table so right there tells you where the right data is.

2B096b pure MAF ZL1 Stock Wheels.hpt
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much! how many lbs of boost are you running? I'm getting ready to tune a car with a 2.9L whipple stock long block @9psi.